To be successful in this role, you will thrive in an Agile environment. Your experience working in squads and your ability to understand business problems and facilitate value-driven solutions by way of user stories will hold you in good stead for this role. As will your solid Agile background and experience, coupled with your stakeholder management skills. The role supports Developers, Analysts and Quality Engineers in understanding the requirements, so they can deliver on their commitments
What does the role entail?
This role will be a role for an aspiring Agile leader who will be responsible for coaching, supporting and mentoring the scrum framework and Agile principles to the teams, Product Owner and across Home Owning. The role of the Scrum Master is embedded within the squad(s) to undertake the key responsibilities around planning and delivery of Home Owning Epics and Features. The central function of this role is to focus inward on the squad to ensure that they are running smoothly, functioning to the best of their abilities in an Agile environment and delivery is at its optimum level.
The Scrum Master will primarily work closely with:
- Engineering Manager and Release Train Manager to ensure that the squad (s) is tightly coupled and engaged to deliver on the core intent of any Epics or Feature, delivering business value as efficiently as possible.
- Collaborate with the Product Owner to drive the sequencing of the squad(s) to ensure that there is sufficient work flowing from the Backlog into Discovery, then on to Build & Run.
- Protect the integrity of the intent or business value of any features delivered by the squad(s).
- Collaborate with the Release Train Engineer to determine effective and efficient solutioning and delivery of features.
- Sometimes be the conduit between Product Owner and Engineering Manager, when the feature aspirations are challenged by technology limitations or constraints.
- Focuses the squad on the goals of the current Build & Run Iteration, keeping them on track.
- Facilitates sprint planning.
- Facilitates sprint review/showcase sessions.
- Facilitates sprint retrospectives and ensure actions are addressed.
- Facilitates squad level backlog grooming sessions.
- Drives squad scrums to monitor work, find efficiencies, surface blockers and aide in removing blockers.
What key skills and experience does the candidate need?
The successful candidate will have at least 3-4 years delivery experience and an understanding of Banking and Financial Services with lending /brokerage domain experience highly desirable.
- Working with the various levels of experience within your team.
- Managing frustration with the lack of agility.
- Working in an Agile environment and challenging the status quo of traditional delivery practices.
- Working in lending / brokerage domain
- Must be ablle to manage multiple backlog items through discovery to identify the features and requirements for further prioritisation and delivery.
- Tertiary qualified with a Degree in Business and preference to post graduate qualifications
- Agile certification is desirable
How to apply:
Please apply using the link below or call Rams on 03 8506 6524 / 03 7001 1405 for further details. Applications closes based on the volume of applications received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.