Sanctions Associate – Banking
- Sanctions Associate – Banking
- Multiple Positions
This highly specialised role in a high-risk environment involves reviewing and investigating payments and names to identify whether sanctions risk exists. The role involves investigating payments, transactions and names efficiently, accurately and within market conventions and standards set out in the Sanctions Operation Policy.
Outline of tasks:
- Review, investigate and apply an appropriate level of due diligence to analyse sanctions risk in payments, names and other messages.
- Escalate payments to senior associate if possible, sanctions risk is identified in the payment.
- Document each step of the analysis with appropriate evidence, in line with policy and procedure requirements.
- Update daily output onto an operations management tool like Workware Active
- Identify opportunities to improve quality and effectiveness.
- Seek opportunities to improve personal performance or contribution.
Role Technical Competencies
- Minimum 12 (or 18+) months experience in banking
- Proficient in SWIFT message types
- Sound understanding and ability to measure Sanctions Risk
- A curious approach and an awareness to new ways in doing things
- Ability to work in a high pressure and fast paced environment
- Timely escalation of issues to ensure correct outcomes
- Must have experience in Netreveal or Fircosoft
- Strong written and oral communication
- Strong attention to detail
How to apply:
Please apply using the link below or call RAMS on 03 8506 6524 for further details. Applications closes based on the volume of applications received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.
Connect with Adaps: