Rdb Database Administrator
Exciting Job opportunity for “Rdb Database Administrator” @ North Sydney
Our large consulting client is looking for “Rdb Database Administrator“ at North Sydney.
Position Title: Rdb Database Administrator
Job Type: Contract
Work location: North Sydney
Potentially being involved with Infrastructure Engineering Projects with the following responsibilities
- Strategic engagement with application development teams to provide end-to-end delivery of appropriate infrastructure solutions.
- Streamline and automate existing tasks, reducing team workload and improving infrastructure support to the customer.
- Escalation point for critical BAU issues/incidents.
- Experience in administering Rdb 7.2 Database on Open VMS 7.3-2 platform.
- Experience in generation metadata for database objects, e.g. tables, views etc.
- Experience in extract table data into CSV flat files, including extracts via a query to decrypt data before extracting.
- Experience in transferring files between Open VMS 7.3-2 and Windows/Unix hosts.
- Experience with Oracle Database is an advantage.
- Basic understanding of TCP/IP networking stack.
- Basic understanding of virtualization technologies (Solaris LDOM and Zones, Oracle VM, Vmware)
- Basic understanding of various storage technologies (SAN, NAS).
- Skilled in reviewing technical data and preparing detailed implementation plans.
- Previous experience writing scope of works and project documentation is preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of support life cycle.
- Strong knowledge of SDLC.
The position requires:
- Proven ability to deliver results as required within specific time frames.
- Proactive lateral thinking
- Ability to work within a team in a cross cultural environment.
- Ability to work after hours and on weekends.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
The position requires:
- 3 – 5 Years of experience
- Formal IT related qualifications preferred
How to apply:
Please apply using the link below or call on 03 8506 6546. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.
Connect with Adaps:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AdapsIT
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/adaps
- Website: www.adaps.com.au
Job ID : 12529