- Project Manager – Canberra ACT
- 6 month contract + 6 month extension
- Large government organisation – Infrastructure
Seeking an experienced Project Manager (Infrastructure) for an initial 6 month contract, with a potential 6 month extension based in Canberra, ACT with a large Federal Government organisation.
The position is expected to provide a high degree of metrics, dealing with all facets of the project lifecycle. The successful candidate will be providing services for the Application Enabling Services (AES) Commercial Off-the-shelf- Software (COTS) Project Team, in assisting with AD Upgrade, W2003/2008/2012 OS Re- platforming and possibly Datastage (IBM Infoserver).
- Plan, execute and finalise a project in accordance to strict deadlines and within budget, timeline and scope
- Co-ordinate the entire project lifecycle, including development of scope, tracking, reporting, testing and implementation, while ensuring consistency of process and sponsor satisfaction
- Arrange and track resourcing, milestones and deliverables
- Analyse and manage project risks and issues
- Track project status and maintain up-to-date projects plans and schedules
- Work with various infrastructure teams both internally and from vendor/service providers to resolve issues and provide suitable outcomes
- Schedule, lead and facilitate a variety of project meetings, including formal review and acceptance
- Provide regular outputs in relation to hardware and software implementation, networking and test co-ordination and sign-off
- Contribute, and provide substantial knowledge in relation to Active Directory upgrade strategies
- Contribute to effective infrastructure test strategies, including security and compliance
- Contribute to building and maintaining commitment of a strong virtual team assigned to the project
- Contribute towards managing resources across different internal and cross- organisational groups to achieve results.
- Significant delivery record which includes large scale infrastructure projects
- Experience dealing with a large and varied stakeholder base including service providers and vendors, project sponsors and business stakeholders
- Advance technical knowledge across the IT discipline including networks, servers, storage, application, security, permissions (in particular Active Directory upgrade familiarity), unified communication, back-up and recovery
- Vendor management skills, Project Governance and Financial accountability
- Strong ability to utilise formal project management tools
- Strong ability in a number of Project Management Methodologies, certification is required
- Strong ability in formal enterprise testing techniques
- Advance technical knowledge across the IT landscape that can provide industry standard governance, reporting, and financial management
- Ability to satisfy a Pre-Engagement Integrity Check (PEIC) and must hold a current Baseline (Protected) security clearance (or higher). Candidates must provide confirmation of the valid security clearance from AGSVA.
Apply here or contact Damian on 02 9253 4300. Applications close 12/10/2014.