Program Test Manager / Lead
- Program Test Manager / Lead
- 12 months contract with possible extension
- Parramatta, Sydney location
- Large Government Department
- Opportunity to get Baseline Clearance.
The position will need to ensure project deliverables are delivered to the agreed standard and are fit for purpose prior to production release. This position reports directly to the Program Delivery Manager.
- Own, represent and ensure that all areas of testing are managed and delivered to a professional standard and in accordance with policies, standards and procedures (both business and technical including information security).
- Represent and ensure that customer needs, expectations and satisfaction are proactively managed throughout the testing lifecycle though understanding of business requirements, business processes and deliverables.
- Own, lead, motivate and develop the Testing Team through day to day and formal performance management processes to facilitate the delivery of fully tested fit for purpose solutions & deliverables.
- Own and manage the testing lifecycle end to end within the Program / Project including the development of the test plan for the tasks, dependencies and participants required to mitigate the risks to system quality and obtain stakeholder support for this plan.
- Ensure the application of repeatable and sound testing techniques in alignment with client Standards to confirm solutions are fit for purpose.
- Undertake Defect Management by managing the retesting of defects through to correction and acceptance by the system owners, monitoring and ensuring resolution of outstanding defects.
- Identify defects / bugs across the program before they are released into the marketplace.
- Able to troubleshoot on a variety of testing tools.
- Establish and maintain a testing ‘Centre of Excellence’ for Nnew and legacy systems (eventually for transition into BAU).
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and ability to find creative solutions to issues.
- Sound leadership skills to train others how to carry out the numerous processes that are needed.
- Document, implement, monitor, and enforce all processes for testing as per standards defined by Digital Technology & Innovation (DTI),
- Manage the definition and maintenance of various test environments and associated test data.
- Undertake testing activities as required including the development of testing documents, executing test plans / scripts as required to support the test team.
- Lead in the documentation of different test procedures in order to establish the most effective strategy for identifying issues.
- Ability to lead a team by conducting effective monitoring on everyone to ensure efficient and effective productivity.
- Prowess with systems evaluation, ensuring corrective action is taken where relevant.
- Manage the execution and resolution of defect / bug reports.
- Manage the develop of regression scripts to ensure quick identification and resolution turnaround.
- Ensure and maintain testing delivery and defect resolution ownership and accountability.
- Establish and maintain practice and procedures ensuring dual independent test review and validation.
- Lead and manage conducting of compatibility and baseline tests, including performance benchmarking.
- Agree to participate in security vetting procedures prior to engagement and/or at regular intervals (generally every 12 months) during contract period.
Candidate must have:
- Demonstrated experience as a Test Manager / Program lead managing numerous, complex project delivery streams across a multitude technologies and delivery methodologies.
- End-to-end test lifecycle execution with a minimum 5 years’ experience in complex systems in large organisations.
- Demonstrated strong leadership and management skills with proven ability to quickly earn the trust of team members and key stakeholders (internally and externally); set direction and approach; resolve conflict; deliver tough messages with grace; and execute with limited information and ambiguity.
- Excellent inter-personnel skills with demonstrated ability to communicate at all levels with clarity and precision (orally, written, and presentational) with proven facilitation, influencing, negotiation and strong analytical, problem solving skills and business acumen.
- Demonstrated understanding of the Software Development (SDLC) and testing lifecycles, methods and practices;
- Demonstrated experience in the application of repeatable and sound testing techniques within major programs and projects.
- Demonstrated experience in the design of business scenarios, development of test scripts and delivery of Business Fit for Purpose and User Acceptance Testing.
- Proven ability to use industry standard software testing tools (eg: MQC, Quick Test Professional (QTP), etc.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully run test cases and report results to Program / Project Managers and stakeholders.
How to apply:
Please apply using the link below or call RAMS on 03 7001 1405 for further details. Applications closes based on the volume of applications received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.