- Program Planner – National System
- Canberra ACT – Large government organisation
- 6 month contract – Potential 6 month extension
Seeking an experienced Program Planner for a National System Project in Canberra, ACT. The initial contract is for a period of 6 months with a potential 6 month extension.
Provide with program planning services to define and sequence the work required for the future development of the National System using an appropriate methodology (e.g. Managing Successful Programs (MSP) approach).
- Establish the infrastructure and resource needs for defining the program
- Assist with the calculation of budget requirements
- Identify and analyse the stakeholders
- Define the vision statement and develop the blueprint
- Develop the benefit profiles and align to strategic directions
- Model and validate the benefits and refine the profiles
- Conduct the risk assessment for the program
- Develop the program plan and all associate elements
- Develop a work breakdown structure
- Identify and incorporate interdependencies into planning
- Identify tranches and high level schedule
- Develop the communications strategy for the program, in line with corporate requirements
- Develop program (and project) assurance mechanisms for both product and process.
- Prior experience as a program planner, on large and complex programs
- Federal or State government experience preferred
- Demonstrated exposure to uncertain policy environments and the ability to work flexibly around uncertainty
- Demonstrated experience in using MSP methodology, or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills and the proven ability to communicate effectively with all levels of stakeholder including facilitating workshops and focus groups
- Proven ability to manage client expectations
- Strong focus on governance and reporting and delivering work on time
- Relevant tertiary qualification(s)
- Unrestricted work rights in Australia.
Apply here or contact Damian on 02 9253 4300. Applications close 17/10/2014