6 Months Contract
Veritas cluster server and volume manager
Solaris 10/ Solaris 11
Linux. Redhat variants
OVM for SPARC. Aka LDOMs
The Senior Platform Engineer (Unix) is responsible for the following:
* Managing the Unix / Linux platforms which support the organization’s objectives and strategic plans
* Managing and administering Unix / Linux and virtual operating systems to provide optimal availability and cost efficiency
* Manage platform availability and recovery.
* Investigating and resolving complex platform problems
* Providing a high degree of support for project and operational teams
* Leading continuous process improvement.
Extensive experience and technical proficiency in Solaris and RedHat Linux technology platforms and operating systems and experience in either Intel based and/ or SAN platforms and backup technologies.
* Significant proficiency and experience administering and supporting these platforms
* Extensive experience building and supporting enterprise server solutions
* Significant experience in analysing, diagnosing and resolving server platform and operating system issues
* Significant experience in building and supporting enterprise backup solutions
* Significant experience working with SAN based technologies
* Significant experience working with virtualisation technologies and platforms
* Advanced knowledge of Data Centre Operations
* Senior Infrastructure solution consultancy
* The delivery of quality, detailed technical configuration and support documentation and solution designs.
* VERITAS filesystem management and Cluster server.
* Solaris 10, 11 and Redhat Linux variants.
* OVM for SPARC. aka LDOMs
How to apply:
Please apply using the link below or call Steve on 03 8506 6527 for further details. Applications closes based on the volume of applications received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.
Connect with Adaps: