PAYROLL ACCOUNTS ADMINISTRATOR
- Part time from 10am – 2pm initially
- Opportunity to get into perm roll within 3-6 months
Adaps is an IT Consulting company and looking for a partime Payroll & Accounts Administrator who can help the Finance Manager in the day to day activities @ our Melbourne office.
The role of the Payroll & Accounts Administrator is to provide necessary quality financial and administrative support to the Finance Manager that will assist the organisation to operate efficiently and achieve its goals. It also encompasses being an integral team member consistent with the goals and expectations of the company. Key functions of the role include; processing payroll weekly, invoicing, administering accounts payable/receivable as well as providing accounting and clerical support to the Finance Manager. Experience in a finance environment is highly regarded however a hands on knowledge of payroll and the balance sheet and profit and loss statements are critical to the success of this role.
The key responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
- Manage, Oversee, maintain, and develop the payroll function
- Complete detailed financial reconciliations, not limited to just payroll.
- Complete all end of month and end of year payroll related reporting
- Prepare and submit payroll tax, work-cover and superannuation lodgements on time
- Ensure that the company is compliant for all legislation, regulations and policies and processes.
- Maintain knowledge of all payroll relevant legislation, regulations and policies and processes
- Ensure that Payroll/HR software is maintained with confidentiality
- Proven accounting experience, as an Accounts Receivable/Accounts Payable clerk or similar role
- Maintain balance sheet reconciliations
- Have a good understanding of how a ledger works
- Being able to assist in budgeting and forecasting and variance analysis
- Competency in MS Office, databases and accounting software
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and financial reports
- Proven communication skills
- Sound prioritisation & time management skills
- A ‘hands on’ attitude with excellent attention to detail and concern for impact
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience as a Payroll Officer in a 100+ computerised payroll
- Experience in bank reconciliations and general accounting functions
- High level computer literacy with the ability to manage workstation hardware and software
- Experience in interpretation of Awards with some knowledge of Industrial Relations and the Fair Work Act
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- The ability to build strong rapport with staff and management
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, electronic, face to face) to ensure effective liaison with the clients and internal operations
- Highly efficient and effective self-management and organisational skills with the ability to work under pressure
- The ability to manage issues with sensitivity and urgency
- A critical thinker with enthusiasm and drive to achieve good results
- Tertiary qualifications in Accounting
- Previous experience using Bullhorn software
- Previous experience using Xero accounting & payroll software
- Previous experience in using ‘Single Touch’ payroll
How to Apply :
Please apply using the link below or call Lisa on (03)8547 9541 or email for further details. Applications closes based on the volume of applications received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.