- Permanent Opportunity
- Melbourne CBD location
- Entry Level role – 24 hour operating environment
Our client requires an entry level Operator to work with a talented team in a high performance culture in the Operations Domain. The role includes the monitoring of various components including Infrastructure / OS / Middleware and Applications in a rotating shift based environment.
Being highly proficient in ITIL processes and having a sound understanding of various monitoring tools and technologies, the Operations Centre is often the first team to detect and respond to any deviations on our systems, and often required to fix the incident upon detection.
- Provide Level 2 ICT Support across the business for multiple clients
- Daily checks on Server Infrastructure
- Backup monitoring and reporting. Level 1 troubleshooting of backup related issues
- Monitoring Level 1 troubleshooting of Server & Network Infrastructure
- Installation of software as per documented procedure
- Windows Server Patching using WSUS and SCCM
- Active Directory administration tasks
- Liaising with the customer regarding incidents, requests and changes
- Create and update documentation for operations, maintenance and support.
- Escalate and manage incidents and problems to vendor or specialist teams for resolution where required.
You will have
- Experience working in an Active Directory environment
- Experience with live monitoring tools
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server management
- Basic Networking knowledge
- Understanding of Linux and UNIX operating systems
- Qualifications in an IT or substantial experience operating in a large organisation.
- A demonstrated understanding of ITIL v3 Framework, specifically incident, change and problem management
This role operates under a 24/7 environment with a 12 hour shift rotation.
**Please note that AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP is madatory for this role**