Operational Systems Support Specialist -Networks
Operational Systems Support Specialist
12 Months Contract on a view to extend
Large Energy client
Adaps has been scouted to source Operational System Support Specialist for a Large energy client at Port Macquarie.
The role is to provide highly skilled technical support to the Operational Systems Support (OSS) Manager, focused on supporting and maintaining Operational Technology systems in secured, segregated networks.
- Thorough knowledge of, and extensive experience on Operational Technology systems
- Technical Lead experience on projects relating to OT systems
- Experience in managing multiple deliverables and deadlines
- Maturity in working within a team – ability to lead when required
- Significant experience in supporting and maintaining multiple key business applications or significant specialist experience supporting applications applicable to the role
- Experience with ITIL processes
- Strong understanding of the principles, development and the effective application of system support and maintenance practices
- Demonstrated ability to identify opportunities for change focused on safety, security, quality, continuous improvement and operation efficiency
- Experience in working within project teams to deliver project outcomes.
- Strong development experience in languages relevant to OT including, PERL, bash, PowerShell, ASP, PHP, C#, C++, MSSQL, Oracle SQL, Mysql SQL and their common protocols and data: HTTP, ajax, Rest, json, SOAP, XML, CSV
- Determination of requirements, and the development of application maintenance and support procedures, and operational utilities
- Extensive experience in the administration of operating systems (Windows and Linux/UNIX). Ability to leverage OS facilities for application support purposes
- Working knowledge of network architecture and design principles especially related to segregation of secure network elements such as DMZs, management, and control networks.
- Ability to work under pressure with changing and competing priorities
- Knowledge of Field Mobility cloud applications, such as MSA (Mobile Switching Allocation) and FRR (Field Resource Requester) is desirable but not essential.
How to apply:
Please apply using the link below or call Illa on 03 8506 6527 for further details. Applications closes based on the volume of applications received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.
Connect with Adaps: