Network Solutions Architect
- 12months contract on a view to extend
- Excellent Pay $$$
- Large Government Dept @ Parramatta , NSW
- Opportunity to get Baseline Clearance sponsored by Client
- Note: Australian Citizens are preferred.
Adaps has been scouted to source “Solution Architect” for a Large Government for Parramatta location.
About the role :
The Solution Architect is responsible for the design, implementation and support of the IT infrastructure used within the organisation. The role provides leadership and support to infrastructure engineers and operations staff, whilst working with the business to define and implement the infrastructure elements of the networks. The position works closely with other technology departments, business units and the program / project team and has an emphasis on input to the development of architectural deliverables.
- Manage the lifecycle of multiple technologies and platforms to ensure the infrastructure platform delivers maximum benefit to the organization;
- Design fully integrated multi-technology and platform hardware solutions to deliver on alignment with the current architecture and flexibility to cost effectively move to future architecture with minimal adverse impact;
- Determine the extent to which solutions perform “as required” within the current environment to eliminate the cost of correcting implementation failures and service outages;
- Manage available internal and external resources to make sure that installations are completed (time, cost and quality) to minimise adverse business impact and maximise positive business outcomes;
- Ensure team effectiveness and manage client expectations through timely delivery of project deliverables;
- Proven extensive experience as a Network Architect in planning, designing, implementing, troubleshooting and supporting complex mission-critical local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs) and Voice over IP (VoIP) network;
- Aptitude to formulate and articulate technical vision in order to anticipate and prepare for emerging data and voice communications technology needs;
- Demonstrated experience in analysing and presenting/reporting technical information for critical business systems in a large ICT environment;
- Demonstrated capacity to use standard modelling approaches, tools and model repositories;
- Demonstrated experience in applying multiple technology solutions to business problems; and astuteness in identifying and implementing continuous process improvements;
- Manage conflicting and/or inter-related organisation-wide hardware upgrade, or refresh projects and programs
- Highly developed communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills with an ability to develop and maintain professional and respected working relationships other team members, clients, management and vendors;
- Knowledge of Telstra data and voice (PSTN, ISDN, etc) networks.
Program / Project Overview
- The client project will upgrade and optimise the Client data network infrastructure and replace existing out-dated voice network equipment with more modern IP telephony equipment. The IP telephony equipment will utilise the existing IP data network to meet current and projected usage and ensure the performance, reliability and accessibility of critical business information and voice systems. The data and voice upgrade is a high priority project that is necessary to ensure that this critical business environment remains robust, reliable and safe for day-to-day policing operations and continues to assist in achieving the Client mandate. It will also provide a basis for the future support of future intelligent policing applications and systems that Client will be adopting as they become available.
- Network Design – Takes responsibility for major aspects of network specification and design within the organisation. Produces network design policies, philosophies and criteria covering connectivity, capacity, interfacing, security, resilience, recovery, access and remote access
How to apply:
Please apply using the link below or call Sanky on 03 8506 6525 for further details. Applications closes based on the volume of applications received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.
Connect with Adaps: