Mobile Application developer
Position Title: Senior Mobile Application Developer
Vacancy Ref: C201702-341-MPP
The Senior Mobile App Developer will be responsible for the design and build of high quality and secure Mobile Applications across platforms for the NSWPF. A primary function of this role is to utilise expert industry skills and knowledge in successful delivery of hybrid, web-based and native (Android, IOS and Windows) mobile software applications in NSWPF environment. The role will report to the Project Manager.
- Design, prototype, develop, test and implement high quality secure Mobile Applications across-platforms in accordance with SDLC and Development Framework in large and complex organisations;
- Effectively lead a team of developers and work closely with the project team, technical lead, UX and architect to successfully deliver Mobile Applications;
- Implement front-end business applications that integrates the solution with back-end systems;
- Contribute towards the support and maintenance of existing production code in the field while developing and delivering new enhancements and products;
- Working knowledge of application and web servers including JBoss and Apache Tomcat. Some knowledge and understanding of application configuration, deployment and maintenance on Linux server environments;
- Develop mobile applications that are working across different platforms, that also uses a local data store on the device;
- Develop documentation in support of projects deliverables. This may include design and user training documentation.
- Adhere to all NSWPF policies and guidelines including information security;
- All other tasks as directed by the Project Manager and/or PMO related to delivering the Project; and
- Agree to participate in security vetting procedures prior to engagement and/or at regular intervals (generally every 12 months) during contract period.
- Minimum 4 years Mobile Applications development experience and at least 2 years experience working as a senior developer on major IT program/projects;
- Minimum 3 years Xamarin (C#,.NET) Mobile App development and 2 years Native Android App development experience on major IT program/projects . Any Xamarin.Android/Xamarin.iOS experience will be beneficial;
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in highly secure Mobile App development experience including implementing security related OWASP recommendations within the code, authentication, tokenisation, key management and encryption;
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in consuming RESTful APIs service integration to realise the functions and features needed for the Mobile App;
- Demonstrated ability to analyse business requirements and design high quality Mobile Application that enhances User Experience (UX);
- Demonstrated experience in development of mobile software applications both hybrid (HTLM5/CSS3 Java Script) and native (ios SDK, android SDK) using a variety of SDLC methodologies including Agile, SCRUM and development platforms e.g. Appcelerator, Titanium, Phone Gap;
- Demonstrated experience in leading, coaching and mentoring a team of developers to achieve the successful development and implementation of end to end solutions;
- Experience with Java development is desirable e.g. Java/JEE, JSF/PrimeFaces/RichFaces, JSP, JAX, RS; and
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to deal professionally, tactfully and effectively with various stakeholders (both internally and externally) at all organisational levels.
Additional Program / Project Specific Job Descriptions
- Mobile applications which include the following features:
- Authentication using OAuth
- Local database
- Inter-App communications
How to apply:
Please apply using the link below or call on 03 8506 6546 for further details. Applications closes based on the volume of applications received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.
Connect with Adaps: