About the role
Our Digital Technology and Innovation command (DTI) is now assembling an in-house PMOaaS team to take over from PwC at the end of 12 months and not only continue to provide the services to IPOS but extend the same to other programs and projects. This role will provide SME (Subject Matter Expertise) across the DTI portfolio and will assist in migrating projects from the current EPM (Project Server) to ServiceNow PPM. This presents a very exciting opportunity for experienced PMO specialist, Master Scheduler to join the team and be part of a major transformation program.
- MS Project
- Service Now and Project Server
- Agile, Waterfall or Rational Unified Process software development lifecycle
Jointly reporting to the DTI PMO Program Manager and the IPOS PMOaaS Manager, the Master Scheduler will be working within a small team that works closely with various Senior stakeholders on a variety of projects to deliver the following responsibilities:
- Develop and update Portfolio, Program and Project schedules in Enterprise Project Management EPM (Project Server) /ServiceNow.
- Develop a dependency schedule across the portfolio and regularly track, report, and escalate issues to the team, Management and Senior Executives
- Track and report regularly on Portfolio Progress, Milestones, dependencies, and delays. Assist Business PMs in maintaining and validating project schedule information by regular communication with project staff.
- Develop various layouts, filters and reports using EPM/ServiceNow, and produce various reports for stakeholders.
- Assist with promotion and development of common structures, SOPs and principles for schedule standardisation that enable enterprise usage across various groups.
- Coach and mentor project management staff to facilitate their development in EPM/ServiceNow and scheduling practices.
- Contribute to improving the standard of scheduling by encouraging innovation and best practice.
Skills and Personal Attributes
- Effective Communication Skills – demonstrated ability through strong communication skills to connect with people of all levels and technical backgrounds. Ability to clearly explain the project goals as well as tasks, responsibilities, expectations and feedback throughout the entire lifecycle.
- Strong Stakeholder Management – build and maintain trusted & valued relationships with Stakeholders, project team members and vendors.
- Strong Time Management and Organisational Skills – ability to prioritise and complete tasks with competing deadlines and work under pressure while managing multiple deliverables.
- Influence and Negotiate – lead and facilitate productive discussions with stakeholders and team members. Recognize and explain the need for compromise. Manage challenging relationships and pre-empt and minimize conflict to ensure project success.
- Display Resilience and Courage – Stay calm and active constructively in highly pressured and unpredictable environments. Give frank, honest advice in the face of strong, contrary views. Develop effective strategies and show decisiveness in dealing with emotionally charged situations, difficult and controversial issues.
- Manage Self – demonstrate a high level of personal motivation to achieve project outcomes.
- Think and Solve Problems – Undertake objective, critical analysis to draw accurate conclusions that recognise and manage contextual issues. Work through issues, weigh up alternatives and identify the most effective solutions.
How to apply:
Please apply using the link below or call Alex on 03 9118 2002 for further details. Applications closes based on the volume of applications received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.