Junior Java Developer – Microservice patterns, Cloud hosting
- Experience with Core Java and the following also preferred: J2EE, MDB, messaging, Angular, RDBMS (ideally Oracle), SCM (Git) & Unit Testing, Microservice patterns, Cloud hosting (AWS preferred).
Key Role Activities:
- Analyse, design, implement and support features that enhance the business or customer experience, with a target of at least 50% of normal working time spent on delivery of low to medium complexity requirements.
- Identify, analyse, design, implement and support automation strategies for technology operational support processes, including change deployment, application resilience, monitoring/alerting, and user self-service.
- Foster engineering capability within the broader service reliability function through written and verbal knowledge sharing.
- Take ownership and accountability for production service, including fix on fail, problem investigation, root cause determination and resolution. This extends across the application’s entire technical service including infrastructure, security, monitoring/alerting, application code and user experience; identifying and engaging supporting domain expertise where necessary.
- Participate in delivery of automated production change, understanding change content, executing change control procedures, appropriate technical and business verification, and user communications.
- Participate in and provide quality assurance activities, including code reviews, white-box testing, test coverage for own work, and test framework maintenance.
- Debugging and fixing code defects.
- Production Support – the role requires the successful applicant to be on primary support for critical payments applications approximately 1 week out of every
Your skills & experience
- Tertiary qualification in a Technology discipline or related field.
- Core Java
- Exposure to build and automation tools (Ant, Gradle, Jenkins, Jython/Python).
- Experience with the following also preferred: J2EE, MDB, messaging, Angular, RDBMS (ideally Oracle), SCM (Git) & Unit Testing, Microservice patterns, Cloud hosting (AWS preferred).
- Established network and platform (*nix) skills
- Strong communication skills with the ability to deal with stakeholders (both users and product owners)
- Interest in the entire application stack; from network, security, through platform OS to application code, but an over-riding desire to write code.
How to apply:
Please apply using the link below or call Alex on 03 9118 2002 for further details. Applications closes based on the volume of applications received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.