Junior Data Analyst
- Proven ability to deliver combined business analyst, data curator and data modeller services
The Client is looking for high performing data analysts to work in a complex and technically challenging data environment. The junior data analysts will work with experienced staff in a biosecurity risk modelling team to solve a variety of data engineering and data science problems. The goal of all our work is to derive meaningful insights that support decision-making to minimise adverse impacts of pests and diseases on Australia’s economy, environment and the community. The data analysts will provide services under direction including:
- Obtaining in-depth knowledge of business data sources through engagement and consultation with data warehousing and subject matter experts within business
- Selecting and integrating datasets to meet specified biosecurity risk modelling requirements, in order to improve model utility and allow integration with other reporting products
- Developing and documenting processes for automating updates of data sources used in biosecurity risk modelling
- Producing a range of documentation including clear code documentation, work flows, business requirements documentation and other requested documentation
- Following rigorous programming practices and team programming conventions
- Other related activities as required.
- Proven ability to deliver combined business analyst, data curator and data modeller services. Skills and proven experience in navigating complex databases to identify, extract and utilise appropriate data sources for specific business needs is paramount – 40%
- Excellent verbal and written communication, including a demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with a range of technical and non-technical audiences -30%
- Ability to work independently in a rigorous environment as well as to adapt quickly and flexibly to changing demands and priorities – 30%
- Advanced computer science/programming skills, specifically experience with SQL and R/Python and familiarity with PowerBI
- Experience in communicating technical concepts to non-technical audiences. An interest in scientific communication including data visualisation
- An understanding of the Australian biosecurity system
How to apply:
Please apply using the link below or call Raj on 03 7035 0160 for further details. Applications closes based on the volume of applications received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.