JAVA DEVELOPER – SERVICE RELIABILITY
JAVA DEVELOPER – SERVICE RELIABILITY
Large Tier 1 Financial Organisation
Adaps has been scouted to source “Senior Analyst Engineer for a Large Tier-1 Financial Organisation @ Melbourne.
This is a substantial re-organisation of support function: Introducing a much stronger Java dev capability and changing its focus to operational automation and self-service functions, in addition to more than 50% of time on delivery of customer/business enhancements for top 10 GMM application. There would be a once/month on-call rotation.
This will suit a very strong Java dev who also takes satisfaction in solving code reliability issues and complements their dev skills with an appreciation of platform, security and network.
- Brief description of what the role is about
- The reasons for having this role in place
- The Senior Analyst Engineer – Service Reliability, will provide a senior java development capability to the service reliability engineering function of Payments Integration.
- In addition to servicing an ongoing pipeline of customer enhancements, the Senior Service Reliability Engineer will provide code-level troubleshooting capability for production issues, and automation of routine application support functions.
- What are 3-5 core responsibilities of the role?
- Does this role have any direct reports and if so, how many?
- Analyse, design, implement and support features that enhance the business or customer experience, with a target of at least 50% of normal working time spent on delivery of medium to high complexity requirements.
- Identify, analyse, design, implement and support automation strategies for technology operational support processes, including change deployment, application resilience, monitoring/alerting, and user self-service.
- Foster engineering capability within the broader service reliability function through written and verbal knowledge sharing.
- Represent service reliability interests within the broader engineering function through written and verbal knowledge sharing.
- Take ownership and accountability for production service, including fix on fail, problem investigation, root cause determination and resolution. This extends across the application’s entire technical service including infrastructure, security, monitoring/alerting, application code and user experience; identifying and engaging supporting domain expertise where necessary.
- Participate in delivery of automated production change, understanding change content, executing change control procedures, appropriate technical and business verification, and user communications.
- Participate in and provide quality assurance activities, including code reviews, white-box testing, test coverage for own work, and test framework maintenance. Debugging and fixing code defects.
- Production Support – the role requires the successful applicant to be on primary support for critical payments applications approximately 1 week out of every 4.
- Proactively manage risk; meet all policy and compliance requirements; perform controls; adhere to Process and Procedures pertinent to role; and escalate events, issues or breaches as they are identified (risk accountability forms part of all roles, as everyone is responsible for managing risk and compliance).
- What does success look like?
- What are 3-5 deliverables that define the success of the role?
- “Always On” production systems
- Timely delivery of high quality enhancements
- Positive feedback from business stakeholders
- Prompt resolution of stakeholder issues and queries
- How success in this role measured and what are the measures?
- Delivery of enhancements per agreed measures
- Measurable time savings: >= 30% reduction in a substantial process occurring multiple times/year
- Reduction of service-impacting incidents per agreed measures
- Describe 3 experiences that the candidates must have in their past employment history
- Dealing with multiple stakeholders whilst providing excellent customer service
- Incident, problem management and resolution
- Successful delivery of technology solutions working to very tight timeframes.
- Any Tertiary and other professional qualifications required
- It is expected that the role holder will have the following qualifications and experience:
- More than 5 years development experience
- Relevant Financial Services Industry experience advantageous
- Tertiary qualification in a Technology discipline or related field
Core Skills & Capabilities required:
- The must have hard (technical) and Capabilities required
- Core Java (ideally Java 8 or greater), EJB and Spring experience
- Exposure to build and automation tools (Ant, Gradle, Jenkins, Jython)
- Experience with the following also preferred: J2EE, Spring, MDB, messaging, Angular, RDBMS (ideally Oracle), SCM (Git) & Unit Testing
- Established network and platform (*nix) skills
- Strong communication skills with the ability to deal with stakeholders (both users and product owners)
How to apply:
Please apply using the link below or call (Neil – 03 8506 6522) for further details. Applications closes based on the volume of applications received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Please share your resume in Word format only.
Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.
Connect with Adaps: