Java Backend Developer
- Java Backend Developer
- Permanent opportunity with Tier 1 Bank
- Location: Melbourne
- Salary ranges from $100K -$113K (Inc. Super) / annum + Bonus + other perks!
- You will be involved in the design, development and maintenance of applications software solutions that drive our business objectives and deliver value to our customers.
- Work with Business Analysts to establish system requirements, analyse business processes, procedures and user needs.
- Work with customers and Business Analysts to clarify requirements and resolve issues.
- Contribute to the system design including the production of the system, program documentation as well as ongoing maintenance.
- Improve, enhance and correct systems as necessary.
- Proactively provide support documentation and advice on applications to support functions.
- Diagnose and document problems for a system or sub-system, apply known solutions, check process, and when necessary, escalate to resolve.
- Undertake complex testing activities to ensure software solutions meets agreed specifications.
- Provide support on fail and fix for assigned applications.
- Test changes made to improve user experience integrates with the production system.
- Test, launch and help train users in the new system.
- Contribute to maintaining operating environments to enable testing which reflects user environments.
- Produce system documentation to support end-user and second-level Help Desk.
Skills & Experience
- Proven experience in Programming and Applications Design and general IT experience.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or a related discipline.
- Knowledge of one of the major relational database packages such as Oracle 19c RDS, PL/SQL
- Ability to understand the essential needs of users and meet these in well-designed programs.
- Excellent programming skills: SpringBoot, Spring , hibernate , JSP , EJB , Struts, Ajax , java 6, Java 8.
- Experience with Git as a version control system.
- Expert in unit, component and integrated component testing and their associated tools: Jasmin, Karma, Junit, REST Assured, Jest Enzyme.
- Experience with stub creation using: Mockito, Wire Mock, JMock.
- Proficient with Build Management tools: Gulp, Webpack, ANT, Gradle, Flyway.
- API design ability using swagger/OAS ( Open API Standards).
- Secure coding practices and familiarity with tools like checkmarx.
- Dev Ops experience and familiar with Jenkins , CI / CD pipelines.
- Strong in AWS or similar Cloud Based technology.
- Experience with the Agile software development approach.
How to apply:
Please apply using the link below or call Ram – 0480 047 901 for further details. Applications closes based on the volume of applications received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.