IT Security Consultant-(Data Management and Security)
- IT Security Consultant-(Data Management and Security)
- 12M Contract Role on a view to extend
- Top Insurance Client
Adaps has been scouted to source IT Security Consultant for the Top Insurance client at Mel CBD.
The Information Security Consultant provides expert information security advice and analysis services to a broad range of internal customers and vendors undertaking change activities, mainly around Client’s aspirations to deploy services into Azure Cloud based technologies. Primary internal customers include the Transformation projects teams and other members of the Information Security team. As a key customer facing role the incumbent is expected to provide this service through consistent, efficient and repeatable process to ensure a positive customer experience.
This role is for a dedicated Security Consultant for Personalization/Customer Transformation/Big Data Platform. Cloud security and virtualization aspects
- The Information Security Consultant is involved in each phase of the Solutions Development Lifecycle and serves as both an expert on information security requirements and as an open-minded contributor to break through thinking and innovative solutions relating to information security.
- The Information Security Consultant may be asked to lead and manage security related projects.
- The Information Security Consultant may be asked to support other Information Security team deliverables, such as risk assessments, communication and awareness activities, the development of policy and process and fulfilment of compliance responsibilities.
- This role provides an exciting opportunity for an information security expert passionate about enabling business strategy and committed to delivering excellent customer service through mature frameworks and processes that are engaging and effective.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the IT security industry
- Previous experience in security policy development, information security analysis and security solution implementation.
- Solid understanding of business process and risk analysis.
- Solid understanding and hands on experience in strategies and technologies that can be securely employed in Microsoft Azure, AWS, Google Cloud Services.
- Solid understanding and hands on experience of current and emerging security technologies, security threats and trends along with experience of DevOps, multiple cloud / virtualization environments: Azure, AWS, VMWare, securing data analytics and data warehouse platforms, Cluster Topologies, Integration Patterns, Data Security, Self Service User Access Patterns in Cloud and On-premise…etc
- Experience in business continuity and DR planning, information security and controls, secure e-business and risk management in a Cloud environment.
- Able to facilitate identification, assessment and mitigation of information security risks in relation to the development and delivery of IT infrastructure capable of meeting business needs.
- Sound understanding of cloud infrastructure hardware, software and messaging to ensure that appropriate security and risk measures are applied.
- Experience dealing with security and risk within a financial and health environment is preferred.
- Experience in working with and guiding both IT and business project teams, applying pre-defined security policies, to ensure effective delivery of information services to business units within a commercial environment.
- Up to date knowledge on information architecture design and current security products – IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, DMZ, firewalls, routers, switches, VPN, proxy servers, WAF, email, DNS, DLP, IDAM, CASB security software, identity management, intrusion management etc.
- Strong knowledge and experience with security, control and risk frameworks and standards including ITIL, PCIDSS, HIPAA, ISO27001-2&5, AS4360 and COBIT
- Experience in performing and facilitating conducting vulnerability assessments and penetration tests
- Experience with computer hacking tools and techniques
- Ideally have or is studying for CISSP, SANS, CCSK or other relevant security certification
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
How to apply:
Please apply using the link below or call Ricky on 03 8506 6521 for further details. Applications closes based on the volume of applications received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.