Position : Integration Engineer
Location : Melbourne
Job Type : Subcon / Permanent
Our esteemed client is hiring Integration Engineer for upgrading their existing systems.
Integration Engineer Specific Role:
- Purpose the Integration Engineer occupies a senior position within a project that realizes the solution build from the solution architecture and other design documents within the test environment for systems integration testing.
- The role requires a sound knowledge of end to end solutions involving IP networks, integration with IT, a focus on delivery to quality, schedule and cost, and leadership skills to engage and build relationships with project stakeholders and subject matter experts to drive project outcomes in testing.
- The Integration Engineer is engaged by the project throughout the Solution Definition and Design & Build Technology Delivery Process phases. Specific Accountabilities Deliver Data and IP Network & IT solutions
- Review and provide feedback to the solution designers for key design artefacts including the solution architecture and detailed design documentation, Design, build, install and integrate the network and IT technologies within the test environment during test to ensure the verification and delivery of the network solution.
- Define the integration process of introducing the new solution into the production environment and ensure this process is subject to test. Establish and maintain the design baseline for the test environment throughout the test window with the key documentation output being the test environment specification;
- Engage the test environment managers for endorsement of the design baseline for the test environment; Configuration Management
- Engage the configuration management lead to verify the baseline prior to commencement of test and exit of a test window. Identify Risks, Issues and Mitigating Actions, identify risks and issues in deploying solutions in the test environment and develop or recommend solutions to mitigate these risks and issues. Manage agreed mitigation or contingency plans to completion.
- Lead the resolution of configuration discrepancies in the test environment
- Assess impacts on the test environment by changes initiated by other projects
- Lead timely resolution of test environment issues raised throughout the test window. Manage Stakeholders
- Manage expectations of key business stakeholders, drive change and negotiate successful outcomes within complex environments
- Provide timely design feedback to solution architects. Manage Vendors
- Ensure vendor dependencies on the delivery of the test environment and environment issue resolution are managed. Comply with Standards and Processes
- Comply with all relevant company processes and ensure all deliverables meet or exceed defined quality standards. Change Management
- Ensure the test environment change management process is engaged and adhered to during the test window. Knowledge Management
- Under post implementation reviews and ensures the lessons learned from the project are fed back to stakeholders. Specific Capabilities Technical
- Demonstrates substantial practical skill in specific technical area/s to achieve the role accountabilities at a high level of proficiency (e.g. Internet Protocols, Firewalls and Data communications, Network Management Systems, and broad OSS frameworks);
- Applies theoretical understanding (e.g. knowledge of network development lifecycle and general concepts relating to design) into delivering network infrastructure solutions to defined service level standards. Process
- Knowledge of processes, systems and procedures and ability to use this knowledge to achieve objectives. Other
- General knowledge of the client business domain including critical business functions and processes (e.g. Activation, Assurance and Billing processes);
- Knowledgeable in current policies, practices, trends, technology and information affecting his/her business and organization. Education and Training
- Tertiary qualifications in IT, Science or Engineering;
- Cisco Certified (CCNA, CCVP, CCIE) or similar industry certifications where appropriate. Essential Experience (5+ years) Extensive experience in analyzing, designing, developing, testing, deploying and maintaining complex, multiple network, solutions; Sound knowledge of telecommunications, IT Services and network technology and future market trends. Highly Desirable Experience (5+ years)
- Experience in developing similar telecommunications and media communications solutions in large complex companies;
- Knowledge of any of the following: Data Communications, Networks, Switching, Internet Protocols, Transmission Equipment;
- Knowledge of system development lifecycle methodologies;
- People management and/or project management skills.
How to apply:
Please apply using the link below. Application closes based on the volume of applications received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements
Connect with Adaps: