Information Security Consultant
Information Security Consultant
Large Insurance Client
Adaps has been scouted to source Information Security Consultant for one of our Large Insurance clients at Mel CBD
The Information Security Consultant provides expert information security advice and analysis services to a broad range of internal customers and vendors undertaking change activities, mainly around Client’s aspirations to deploy services into Azure Cloud based technologies. Primary internal customers include the Transformation projects teams and other members of the Information Security team.
- Ensuring security objectives are met by implementing the “Change” part of the security strategy and Transformation programs of work
- Raising the profile of security while ensuring threats are balanced with appropriate level of control
- Ensuring that gaps, risks and threats are addressed by encouraging discussion and buy in and ensuring the recommendations are implemented
- Ensuring security is engaged in all aspects of the business, in decision making
- Continually improving the security posture of the organisation by improving controls and ensuring security is embedded in any new and modified solutions
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the IT security industry
- Previous experience in security policy development, information security analysis and security solution implementation.
- Solid understanding of business process and risk analysis.
- Solid understanding and hands on experience in strategies and technologies that can be employed in security Azure cloud services.
- Experience in business continuity and DR planning, information security and controls, secure e-business and risk management in a Cloud environment.
- Able to facilitate identification, assessment and mitigation of information security risks in relation to the development and delivery of IT infrastructure capable of meeting business needs.
- Sound understanding of cloud infrastructure hardware, software and messaging to ensure that appropriate security and risk measures are applied.
- Experience dealing with security and risk within a financial and health environment is preferred.
- Experience in working with and guiding both IT and business project teams, applying pre-defined security policies, to ensure effective delivery of information services to business units within a commercial environment.
- Solid Change Management expertise in socialising security policies, processes and responsibilities across an organisation
- Up to date knowledge on information architecture design and current security products (DMZ, firewalls, routers, switches, VPN, proxy servers, email, DNS, security software, identity management, intrusion management etc.)
- Understanding of security from a strategic, high level to a technical, granular level including experience in reviewing router configuration and firewall rules
- Previous experience with managing commercial support activities in a technical environment
- Previous experience reviewing all IT layers, data flows and processes
- Strong knowledge and experience with security, control and risk frameworks and standards including ITIL, PCIDSS, HIPAA, ISO27001-2&5, AS4360 and COBIT
- Sound understanding of regulatory and compliance requirements in the finance, insurance and health industries
- Experience conducting vulnerability assessments and penetration tests
- Experience with computer hacking tools and techniques
- Ideally, a tertiary qualification with a business focus.
- Ideally have or is studying for CISSP, SANS, CCSK or other relevant security certification
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work and communicate effectively in a team environment
- Ability to prioritise effectively and act on own initiative
- Acceptance of accountability for own work, including timeliness, priority and quality of deliverables as defined by IT management
- Able to influence decision making at a senior management level
How to apply:
Please apply using the link below or call Ricky on 03 8506 6521 for further details. Applications closes based on the volume of applications received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.
Connect with Adaps: