Head of Engineering
- You are required to think broadly within defined strategies and policies to meet business needs. Must adapt to changing priorities, emerging technologies, and evolving operational requirements to determine the appropriate technology solutions to meet a joint outcome.
Distinguished Engineers are recognized experts in multiple technology domains and represent the senior technical leadership within their organization and throughout the company at large. They are responsible for helping shape the future direction of the organization, assisting management establish strategic roadmaps, and driving priorities to meet objectives. They also have a strong track record of growing and influencing others, working with all levels of senior leadership, and fostering the psychological safety and happiness of members of their team. This role reports to Executive level managers.
To be successful in this role you will need to possess:
- 15+ years of experience, at least 4 in a lead position (such as Head Engineer)
- Ability to thrive in a fully remote organization.
- Deep and broad knowledge of current and emerging technologies that affect the business.
- Expert in designing, implementing, and troubleshooting major portions of a production stack.
- Experience leading conversations to encourage collaboration across teams.
- Previous representation at relevant events (e.g., conferences, user groups, meetups, webinars)
- A track record of balancing transformational change and run agendas to achieve organisational goals and objectives, including but not limited to cost efficiencies and reductions.
- Seasoned, best in class, hands on project technologist who can balance delivery outcomes with cutting edge, best practice technologies to achieve the best outcomes for the domain, our customers and Client as a whole .
- Deep technical understanding of Financial Crime requirements at a global level
- Experience with effectively engaging a wide array of senior stakeholders necessary to deliver transformational change at all levels of business, operations, and technology.
You will be responsible for the following:
The DE is required to think broadly within defined strategies and policies to meet business needs. Must adapt to changing priorities, emerging technologies, and evolving operational requirements to determine the appropriate technology solutions to meet a joint outcome.
- Draw on engineering capability and build a high performance (virtual or physical) team to deliver services to customers and colleagues in line with service level expectations for the scope of the service across dimensions of product, process, data, and technology.
- Support continuous improvement of service maturity (simplifying, strengthening, accelerating cycle time, reducing cost to deliver) through the API and service enablement, cloud service offerings, open-source capability, workforce talent attraction and retention.
- Responsible for building COEs and Shared Services functions across Financial Crime and the broader client technology environment – embedding a world class services model for planning, building, and running technology to achieve a simpler, agile and cost-effective experience for customers and users, and that executes change quickly, consistently and efficiently.
- Drive increased self service via definition and implementation of ‘guardrails and tenancies across the enterprise (e.g., technical platforms, enterprise data, customer master, architecture, security, risk management, etc.) whilst uplifting and maintaining service standards in budget & workforce management, attestations, risk management, controls environment etc.
- Influence and manage relationships with senior stakeholders both across the Enterprise as well as with regulators across the industry.
How to apply:
Please apply using the link below or call Alex on 03 9118 2002 for further details. Applications closes based on the volume of applications received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.