Front End Developer (Linux/UNIX environment)
- Front End Developer (Linux/UNIX environment)
- 3+3 Months contract
Adaps has been scouted to source Front End Developer (Linux/UNIX environment) for one our clients in Melbourne.
- Development, analysis, design and testing software in a Linux/UNIX environment using Java, Spring and design patterns, Python and Shell script.
- Development and implementation of a data processing platform for a real time computing environment using REST based APIs, API management s/w, non-SQL databases, message brokers etc.
- Produce technical documentation and presentations and training materials.
- Contribute to team software engineering practices, including software testing, debugging, version control systems, continuous integration etc.
- Contribute to Agile ceremonies and practices eg. team planning, retrospectives, showcases, stand-up meetings., user story preparation and estimation etc.
- Demonstrated ability in development and implementation of data processing platform for a real time computing environment; preferably with experience of REST based API and API management, non-SQL database, messaging broker, and parallel file system. Knowledge of and experience in OPeNDAP and geospatial data format (netCDF, GRIB) would be an advantage.
- Experience with software engineering principles applied to complex operational system development projects. Demonstrated understanding of software testing, debugging, version control systems (e.g. Git), and continuous Integration tools (e.g. Jenkins). Experience working in self-managing, cross-functional Agile teams is desirable. Experience of software testing is highly desirable.
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills. Demonstrated experience in developing technical and training documentation. Proven ability to be responsible for outcomes and outputs by working individually and as a member of a team. Ability to engage with stakeholders, clients and other IT professionals.
How to apply:
Please apply using the link below or call Rams on 03 8506 6524 for further details. Applications closes based on the volume of applications received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.