Position Title – Document Controller / Senior Document Controller/Lead Document Controller
Location – Perth, Australia
Contract – 6 months on extendable basis
My client is a large IT consultancy and is looking for Document Controller . They are looking for candidates with the following experience.
Designation: Document Controller [Level I]
Experience under 5 years
- Demonstrate principles of document management and familiarity with software tools and technologies for documents management.
- Take direction from skilled document control personnel to enhance skill set within the team and work with other document controllers across continents.
- Record and process all official documentation (includes engineering/technical to be stored in the Document Management System) and process transmittal of information between Company and the Contractor.
- Demonstrate good computing skills and a high degree of customer service to liaise with customers as required.
- Checking/validation/verification of all documentation, including correct numbering, revisions, status, format, title and legibility.
- Ensure the Editorial Style Guide is adhered to (training provided).
- Troubleshoot MS Word and other common IT issues (as needed).
- Work within tight schedules.
- Organise and manage electronic files/documents (via SharePoint).
- Interpretation and incorporation of reviewer comments (using Tracked Changes and Squad Sheets).
- Management of reviewer comments as they apply to document revision and rigorously apply and uphold version control.
- Familiar with Engineering Processes e.g. MOC / Concurrent Engineering.
- Familiar with Engineering drawing types and disciplines and criticality.
Designation: Senior Document Controller [Level II]
Experience between 5-10 Years
- Development, review and revision of Document Control processes and procedures as required.
- Defining the Document Control process for the department which will capture and track all document workflows, including approvals and distributions
- Develop communication plan to raise awareness and ensure compliance with the Document Control procedure and system.
- Collaboration with teams to produce internal deliverables distribution lists
- Archiving of department records in accordance with Retention Standard.
- Ability to train business and internal users and mentor junior members of the team.
- Intermediate level understanding of the workings of the DMS and Document Management tools.
Designation: Lead Document Controller [Level III]
Experience – 10 to 15 years
- Lead a team of document controllers and senior document control staff (internal or outsourced) and develop and maintain positive working relationships with the team by seeking to understand their needs, properly setting expectations, and consistently meeting commitments.
- Leadership and guidance are involved when organizing activities of self and others as well as contributing to technical solutions of a non-routine or contingency nature.
- Be able to set up a document control service center and demonstrate expert knowledge of document lifecycles.
- Gather business requirements for the management and access of team generated documents.
- Create and implement supporting procedures, processes, and work instructions to provide a high level of automation and access to information with minimum complexity.
- The self-directed application of knowledge and skills (including system configuration and design), with substantial depth in some areas where judgment is required in planning and selecting appropriate equipment, services and techniques for self and others.
- Participation in development of strategic initiatives and management strategy for the business unit.
- Ensure people, processes and technologies are in place at the right time to support business requirements.
- Consults on document management alternatives, issues and considerations.
- Develops document management architecture and technology infrastructure.
- Group/team coordination and/or participation in planning and evaluation teams.
- Ensure engagement with management and alignment with corporate audit requirements.
- Coordinate the selection, configuration and implementation of Document Control applications to meet defined business requirements in accordance with defined best practice processes / frameworks.
- Ensure Document Control applications adequately support the sharing, workflow, security, accuracy and completeness of project team documents
- Coordinate and lead all Document Control associated issues within the Electronic Data Management System.
How to apply:
Please apply using the link below. Application closes based on the volume of applications received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.
Connect with Adaps: