Enterprise Architect – Distributed Systems
- Enterprise Architect – Distributed Systems
This role is not just about theory – you will be required to build proof of concepts and validate the recommended architectures, so current hands-on technology skills are essential. We are looking for candidates with deep technical skills in infrastructure, software architecture, computing networks and security – ideally across a combination of AWS, Azure, GCP and open source solutions. We are hiring to build a team with complementary skills across a range of technologies and platforms including:
- Distributed systems, microservices architecture and domain driven design;
- system resilience and chaos engineering;
- containers, container orchestration, service mesh, represented by technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes and Istio;
- messaging and event-driven architecture represented by technologies such as ActiveMQ, Kafka, Apache Flink;
- service-oriented architecture and REST APIs;
- systems integration, workflow and process automation.
You will have a deep understanding of large-scale computing solutions. The ideal candidate will have previous experience with software development and/or working as a systems or support engineer and will have built your knowledge over many years as technology has evolved. You enjoy leveraging your core technical skills whilst developing new ones, so that you can make meaningful contributions to deep architecture discussions around systems and applications in the cloud.
Additionally, you will possess:
- Great communication skills, ideally gained in presales or consultancy roles, allowing you to represent your ideas and proposals in discussions with senior managers and peers across the business;
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about solutions to business, product, and technical challenges.
- Ability to think about solutions within the context of a large organisation with considerations about scale, reliability and longevity;
- Willingness to arrive every day with an open mind and passionate outlook, your ability to have fun, step outside of your comfort zone and be part of client’s journey to become a top-notch engineering organisation;
- Between 5 and 10+ years in IT architecture including integration strategy and implementation
- 5+ years in technical hands on and design roles (eg development, support, systems engineering)
Must haves: One of the below
- Netflix OSS
- reliability, resilience
- Chaos engineering- where you crash servers in prod and test whether things keep running
- Languages- Java, node.js very much backend systems- they don’t cover a lot of front end systems
How to apply:
Please apply using the link below or call Steve on 03 8506 6527 for further details. Applications closes based on the volume of applications received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.
Connect with Adaps: