Earth Observation Data Workflow Developer
3 Months contract with possible extension
Ability to obtain baseline clearance
This role is for an experienced software developer proficient in the use of the python language to contribute their expertise to the development and testing of an innovative Earth Observation data processing workflow. The workflow will be deployed on HPC to generate large quantities of Analysis Ready Data (ARD) products from satellite radar images collected over Australia by the Sentinel-1 satellite constellation. Working under the limited direction of the Assistant Director, ARD workflows and pipelines team, you will: – Develop, test and maintain specialist Python processing tools and workflows to enable large-scale Earth Observation data processing on HPC infrastructure. – Enhance the quality of the workflow by implementing an integration testing framework, and ensure the code adheres to current standards and expectations. – Problem solve complex technical issues including translating existing workflow tools to Python, identifying computational inefficiencies, and refactoring code. – Work productively with diverse team members, including scientists and other software developers across Client. – Provide technical leadership, including expert code review via timely verbal and written feedback to other team members.
Candidate must have:
- Demonstrated expertise in scientific software development, particularly in the Python language, including development, maintenance and documentation.
- Experience in automation of workflows and modern system development practices, including version control, continuous integration and testing for delivery of high quality products.
- Experience of leading or working effectively within a high-performing multi-disciplinary team.
- An ability to communicate effectively and constructively within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Experience in processing satellite Earth Observation data.
- Experience in harnessing High-Performance Computing systems for Big Data processing.
How to Apply:
Please apply using the link below or call Ricky on 03 7035 0108 for further details. Applications closes based on the volume of applications received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.