Domain Architect – Solution Architecture
- Excellent permanent opportunity.
- Provide groupwide leadership and direction for the articulation of architecture.
- Excellent working environment.
The Infrastructure Architecture and Strategy function is responsible for designing the future state for the company that supports the project delivery pipeline and strategic direction.
Taking into account industry direction and legacy platforms the function is to ensure consolidation and simplicity occur in a commercially acceptable manner.
The Principal/Domain Architect role within TPA provides group wide leadership and direction for the articulation of group-wide platform architectures, standards and methods for architecture.
The Principal Architect role also includes seeking technology and industry trends in combination with the enterprise business strategy to derive / improve / maintain the high level roadmap for the use of technology in the enterprise.
- Development of patterns to support off-premise take up of services, including across AWS, Azure, Softlayer, etc.
- Cross training of team members to increase awareness of cloud architecture best practices.
- Implement new services, through established service creation process.
- Create Platform Architecture for projects and other initiatives.
- Deliver functional & non-functional service requirements as part of a fit for purpose service creation activity.
- Lead development of domain strategy and roadmaps.
- Actively support the Manager of the relevant Technology Zone in developing business cases for new services.
- Create & assess options/proposals to offer a solution via the service catalogue.
- Help with management of any service architecture issues/exemptions required and propose remediation plan.
- Manage dependencies of new service design with other services.
- Facilitate alignment, management and integration with other projects in the consumption of new or modified services.
- Development of SOW for all engagements.
- Support supply and demand management.
- Governance of solutions and services to ensure alignment to standards, strategies and roadmaps.
- Ensure that new services creation is holistic, incorporating architectural, commercial, risk and operational aspects of each service. Ensure a risk management approach is adhered to for all new solutions and service designs.
It is expected that the role holder will have the following qualifications and experience:
- Proven experience architecting for both on and off-premise infrastructure and platform environments, in a large enterprise.
- Experience in infrastructure and platform architecture and design on complex projects.
- Experience with infrastructure technologies, across the server, storage and datacentre domains.
- Strong Skills in Cloud based IaaS providers, specifically AWS and Azure, as well as cloud based infrastructure methodologies.
- Experience in the solution architecture and design life-cycle, including high-level estimation and business case development.
- Experience working on successfully executed projects (varying scope, complexity and challenge).
- Experience leading small teams of SMEs or designers.
- Good cross-domain skills in server, storage, network and desktop technology
- Strong awareness and understanding of hardware, networks, software technologies and applications and data/information architecture, both on and off premise.
- Knowledge and understanding of industry trends and technology.
- Ability to develop solutions to unique business scenarios by drawing on experience of the innovative application of technology.
- Strong awareness and understanding of the application of technology to create opportunities for business.
- Strong influencing skills to present and hold a position and to influence the opinion of senior leaders within the business.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to establish good working relationships at project level and with Enterprise Architects, Project Managers, Solution Designers and external Technology Partners.
- Strong communications skills, including writing reports and developing proposal and presentations.
Please apply using the link below or call Stan on 03 8506 6578 or connect on LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/in/stanfridlind
Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.
Connect with Adaps: