- Experience working as a Sr. Business Analyst, Discovery or Functional Lead Role
- Experience in developing business requirements from abstract briefs
- Preparing functional specifications for ServiceNow implementations
08 months contract on a view to extend
Large Government Department
Expected Start Date: 19th November 2018
Opportunity to get Baseline Clearance sponsored by Client
Note: Australian Citizens are preferred.
The Discovery Lead will be the principle functional resource / senior business analyst on projects & programs within the agency. Initially this role will work on the delivery of the agency’s vision of a Single Platform of Engagement for all support services. The successful candidate in this position will be an agile practitioner with extensive business analysis experience.
- Coordinate, Host and facilitate inception workshops with the organisation and develop the business requirements for the implementation of the software.
- Develop the program and team backlog, documenting features, epics and stories.
- Continuous interactions with the team and the product owners to elicit and ensure requirements are accurately captured, prioritized and translated into the product faithfully;
- Manage stakeholder expectations, drive MVP discussions and continuously manage the backlog for the project.
- Assist with testing and change activities to ensure these are aligned with the product owner’s intent.
- Assist in the production of a robust business case that includes options analysed, impact assessments and funding recommendations where required;
- Work with Dev lead and project management to identify opportunities to improve delivery.
- Manage and develop relationships with project team members and stakeholders in order to ensure successful projects outcomes and to maintain client satisfaction;
- Adhere to all client policies and guidelines including information security;
- Required to participate in security vetting procedures prior to engagement and/or at regular intervals (generally every 12 months) during contract period.
- Minimum of 5 years continuous experience working as a Senior Business Analyst, Discovery or Functional Lead Role in large and complex organisations delivering programs/projects;
- Strong attention to detail with demonstrated experience in developing business requirements from abstract briefs and preparing functional specifications for ServiceNow implementations;
- A strong influencer who communicates effectively and with purpose, collaboratively engaging with internal and external stakeholders;
- Advanced Stakeholder engagement skills with demonstrated experience in analysing business problems, conducting gap analysis and identifying root cause;
- Experience with using digitization and automation to drive transformation or process improvements;
- Strong knowledge / experience of human centered design principles and practices;
- Demonstrated agile delivery experience with detailed knowledge of agile methodologies;
- Demonstrated ability to plan and manage streams of work within a larger program;
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or related field preferred; and
- Demonstrated superior communication (oral and written), interpersonal, and negotiation skills with a proven capacity to develop and maintain sound working relationships with end users, key stakeholders, suppliers and project team members.
How to apply:
Please apply using the link below or call (Neil – 03 8506 6522) for further details. Applications closes based on the volume of applications received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Please share your resume in Word format only.
Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.
Connect with Adaps: