DevOps Team Lead
- DevOps Team Lead l 2IC to Devops and Cloud Manager
- Permanent career Opportunity with leading Insurance Org!
- Melbourne Based role – Happy to consider candidates from other states!
- Salary Range -$150K – $160k plus Super + 20% bonus + 25% discount on health insurance + other perks
- Devops Technical Team Lead experience – .net, C#, Azure Devops, Containers, CI/CD, all DevOps related activities (including build, test, and release infrastructure)
- Team Lead responsibilities include – Direct reports of 10, Performance management, capability uplift
- DevOps Team Leader is responsible for leading all DevOps related activities (including build, test, and release infrastructure) for multiple projects which are implemented to production system. This will include designing and implementing processes and tools to support continuous integration and testing.
- Maintains higher uptime and availability, introduces greater automation, less cost, and a faster time to market. The DevOps Team Leader will be a proponent for good software engineering standards and practices. The
- candidate will also review existing processes and make recommendations & implement software process improvements going forward based on SDLC/ALM standards. The candidate will have extensive CI/CD, DevOps, Azure Cloud and SCRUM experience and/or certifications.
- The role is responsible for role modelling our ways of working, implementing complementary processes, and providing leadership to the group. The Team Leader role will act as the leader and expert of DevOps who introduces greater level of automation and manage and guide the team members.
- Drive continuous improvement in DevOps & Configuration Management capability ensuring it is always relevant and meets the needs of internal customer groups
- Lead large scale implementation of services from inception through to production, maintaining quality documentation and procedures for the ongoing support of the platform
- Develop and maintain the DevOps workforce within client. Work closely with other team members to manage priorities
- Keep abreast of industry ‘best practice’ methods in DevOps, Configuration Management arena and apply them
- Work collaboratively with delivery teams to achieve success through the adoption of Continuous Delivery and DevOps practices & processes
- Support internal IT projects that deliver both strategic and operational improvement to the systems.
- Facilitate ways to innovate and enhance the skills and capabilities of the team, to remove reliance on external consultancies
- Drive greater automation of build, package, and release practices
- Define best practices for source control, continuous integration, automated testing, and releasemanagement
- Advocate for continuous improvement and DevOps behaviours and processes.
- Have a very strong focus on analysis, solution, and technical design activities with high-quality documentation and realistic work estimate as the end deliverable
- Build and manage relations with key delivery partners and technology suppliers.
- People management and inspiration of a broad and diverse team of technology specialists
- Drive and engage with colleagues across client to promote the use of the platforms where best suited and develop and improve our technology capability for current and future customer needs
- Regular reporting on operational and project performance, including being able to notify and remediate issues that prevent successful delivery
- Solve technological challenges and guide the team through extensive experience in engineering practices and methods
Qualifications, Training and Experience:
- 5+ years of experience working in a Lead DevOps Engineer role or similar
- Experience in people management and leading an engaged team
- Extensive experience in systems and application development and engineering.
- Extensive experience in Agile and DevOps methodologies and practices
- CI/CD Continuous Integration, Delivery and DevOps experience in – Microsoft Technologies
- Extensive Experience with MS Azure Platform and RESTful APIs
- In depth knowledge of C# and .Net Framework, Strong PowerShell scripting
- Experience in deploying PaaS solutions, APIs, and Infrastructure as Code (desirable) to Azure
- Release Management utilizing Azure DevOps/VSTS mandatory
- Some hands-on experience in Containers – Docker, Kubernetes AKS, Istio is desirable
- Experience designing, building, and deploying scalable applications & APIs
- Automation for build and release management – automate and streamline operations and processes
- Experience in complex, large-team technical environments requiring prompt resolution and strategic actions
- Demonstrated success in managing internal stakeholders
- Experience in SDLC methodologies (Waterfall, Agile) and implementing quality processes
How to apply:
Please apply using the link below or call Nick on 03 9034 5210 for further details. Applications closes based on the volume of applications received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.