Senior DevOps Engineer
Full time role
The main purpose is to design and implement automated operational engineering / DevOps solutions for large and complex projects.
Be a thought leader and innovator to inspire improvements of DevOps cultures.
- Provide technical innovation and thought leadership to guide environment/operation and development teams in the automation of operational processes.
- Guide engineers to implement solutions in complex enterprise environments.
- Design, build and implement automation of provisioning, configuration, monitoring, security and deployment of applications in the automated environments.
- Ensure all components are built to provide quality, security, scalability, stability, efficiency and reliability, ensuring compliance with client processes and governing standards.
- Recommend and implement DevOps practices which are sustainable and considered the best fit for the client’s need.
- May provide estimates and project planning for projects.
- Manage, monitor and report on documented technical risks and issues associated with components of project/s.
- Provide expertise and technical consulting to client projects in a way that builds and maintains professional relationships.
- Deliver to agreed client expectations and project plans and ensure appropriate escalation of issues/ risks, etc.
- Undertaken internal and external thought leadership activity to promote client company and DevOps.
- May undertake people leadership and management.
- Proven senior level experience as a senior Delivery/Operations or DevOps Engineer focusing on bridging the gap between developers and operations for large complex clients.
- Understand fundamental principles of Distributed Systems, Security, Networking, Virtualization, Storage, Database, Fault Tolerance and Disaster Recovery.
- Experience on containerization, clustering and scheduling tools such as Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, Mesos/Marathon, DC/OS, Rancher, Openshift, Nomad.
- Experience in provisioning tools such as Terraform and CloudFormation
- Extensive experience in Linux/Unix (e.g. Ubuntu, RHEL, SUSE) and/or Windows Server
- Experience in working and troubleshooting network infrastructure and systems (e.g. TCP/IP networking, DNS, SMTP, DHCP, DNS and others)
- Experience in Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Microsoft Azure, VMware or OpenStack
- Experience in scripting languages such as Bash, Python, Powershell.
- Experience in distributed applications such as Cassandra, Consul, etcd, HDFS, Hadoop, Cloudera, ElasticSearch or Kafka.
- Experience in logging and monitoring tools such as Prometheus, InfluxDB, Nagios, Splunk, ElasticSearch, Sysdig, New Relic, Grafana.
- Experience in configuration management tools such as Ansible, Salt, Puppet, Chef and Desired State Configuration.
- Strong understanding of software development lifecycle in traditiona
- l and agile practices.
- In depth understanding of systems architecture to deliver services.
- Proven thought leadership activity in internal and external environments.
How to apply:
Please apply using the link below or call Illa on 03 85 066 527 for further details. Applications closes based on the volume of applications received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.
Connect with Adaps: