Database Systems Specialists
Database Systems Specialists
6 months contract on a view to extend
The Database Systems Specialist is responsible for providing support and development (where required) expertise for Client’s Database platforms. This role will ensure that key technologies within Client operate in a reliable and efficient manner. The role also provides, on demand, support and development work for projects.
*The successful candidate will require a vehicle for personal travel as public transport to the job site is scarce. We will also require two professional reference checks upon submission.
Our priority project is the migration of SQL Server databases to Azure Cloud and Oracle databases to Amazon Cloud. Therefore, it is essential for candidates to have enterprise level experience in either or both these platforms. In addition to this, the successful candidate will be required to attend to business as usual Database Administration activities.
- Actively participate in Operational Support activities of all environments including on-call (Production only), incident management, problem management, change management, configuration management, monitoring, implementation
- Identify areas of impact by assessing release notes and other documentation for patches as required
- Raise and work through support calls with vendors of the supported systems
- Implementation of patches and bug fixes to ensure system stability and performance
- Design, Develop, Test and Promote solutions for new or changed requirements as received in line with team prioritisation, scheduling and development life cycle controls and processes
- Use of appropriate Defect and Request Management frameworks and tools to accurately record and manage defects.
- Develop, test and execute implementation plans for releases through all supported environments
- Understand and develop security controls implemented within the supported systems ensuring that Client is not exposed to unnecessary risk
- Provide reporting for Management on the performance and reliability of supported systems
- Promote the use of automation controls for management of development, release and support activities
- Assist with the establishment and on-going maintenance of knowledge management, education and awareness, continuous improvement, and risk management within the Business and Supporting Systems branch and wider ICT community
- Ensure that Client is able to realise investments in supported technologies by promoting reuse and consolidation on common platforms
- Stay abreast of industry approaches, tools and techniques to ensure the team stays current.
Advanced Diploma of Computer Systems Technology or demonstrated capability through past employment experience and/or relevant qualifications. Desirably an ITIL Certification and Project Management Certification.
- Extensive experience in a similar role in an ICT environment
- Practical experience in designing, deploying and operating complex ICT systems determined by area (Integration, Reporting, Database Systems)
- Practical experience in the use of enterprise helpdesk software
- Practical experience with enterprise Incident, Request, Configuration and Change management software
- Practical experience in providing customer and operational support services in a large enterprise
- Practical experience in driving business improvement and increases in efficiencies
- Working knowledge of software relevant to the ICT systems determined by area (Integration, Reporting, Database Systems)
- Ability to think and act in an innovative and strategic manner within contemporary ICT frameworks
- Ability to accept responsibilities and accountabilities and be focused on delivering outcomes to meet the wider team objectives
- Excellent written and verbal skills in order to prepare documentation and socialise the outcomes with relevant areas of the business including senior management
- Excellent stakeholder and relationship management skills including the ability to liaise effectively with a broad range of people from diverse backgrounds
- Strong organisational skills in order to manage and implement large, complex and varying workloads and initiatives delivering continuous business improvement.
How to apply:
Please apply using the link below or call (Neil – 03 8506 6522) for further details. Applications closes based on the volume of applications received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Please share your resume in Word format only.
Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.
Connect with Adaps: