Database Administrator (SQL)
- Database Administrator (SQL)
- 9 months contract on a view to extend
- Large Government Department
- Opportunity to get Baseline Clearance sponsored by Client
- Note: Australian Citizens are preferred.
Adaps has been scouted to source “Database Administrator” for one of the Largest Government Departments in Parramatta location.
About the role:
This role will be responsible for providing technical expertise within the SQL Server Database streams of work. The role requires extensive knowledge of relational databases, specifically Microsoft SQL Server Platforms (including all versions 2005, 2008, 2012, 2014, 2016). The role involves liaison across all areas of Business and Technology Services, specifically Technology Operations and Policing Systems. The aim of the role is to assist in upgrading and continually refreshing the SQL database assets in order to ensure ongoing operational stability and currency, with minimal disruption to business and working within the change management process.
This role will report directly to the Project Manager, and present to the Technology Asset Refresh Programme Manager, as required.
- Responsible for refresh of hundreds of SQL Server databases and associated database management processes;
- Responsible for migration of applications and data from legacy SQL servers and operating systems e.g. SQL Server 2003/2005 to strategic platforms (virtualized and consolidated);
- Work closely with Technology support teams and applications teams to coordinate migrations while ensuring minimal disruption to business;
- Evaluate suitability of Cloud Hosting options for SQL databases in future and subsequent impact to operational processes;
- Documentation and presentation of technical solutions and change requests;
- Assist with disaster recovery tests and production cutover;
- Drive the implementation of technical solutions as it relates to the refresh of Servers, Storage or Operating Systems;
- Report to Project Manager and manage communications with technology operations, policing systems and external vendor specialists;
- Demonstrated experience in SQL Server technologies on various server platforms e.g. Physical servers, virtualized and consolidated, Cloud hosting;
- Demonstrated experience in migrating databases and data from legacy platforms to new platforms – hardware and operating systems;
- Demonstrated experience to be able to coordinate amongst several operational and applications teams to implement a solution;
- Demonstrated technical knowledge of several versions of Microsoft SQL Server environments sufficient to support upgrades across a diverse range of applications and business users;
- Demonstrated high level of drive, determination and organisation skills in overcoming project obstacles to meet targets;
- Knowledge of Cloud technologies specifically in relation of database hosting
- Knowledge of IT-as-a-Service model including Platform-as-a-Service within large organisations;
- Knowledge of Storage (SAN, NAS and backup) Technologies as it relates to databases;
- Knowledge of Networking technologies as it relates to databases;
Program / Project Overview
TARP3 will establish optimised refreshed/upgraded infrastructure systems while establishing a baseline for Client to meet its future goals.
As part of this, TARP3 is expected to substantially contribute to mobility, end user computing, ITSM and IT asset management and service delivery improvement while working with COPS modernisation and other major technology initiatives
How to Apply:
Please apply using the link below or call Sanky on 03 8506 6525/03 9956 1175 for further details. Applications closes based on the volume of applications received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.
Connect with Adaps: