Control Systems Specialist
- Control Systems Specialist
- 12-month contract
- Port Macquarie or ACT
- Large Energy Client
The role is to provide highly skilled technical support to the Operational Technology (OT) Manager, focused on supporting and maintaining Operational Technology systems.
Responsibilities that fall within the remit of OTS (Operational Technology Services) include, but are not limited to system remediation, server build and configuration, network security design, support for field systems, proprietary and COTS integration, solution design and delivery, monitoring & alerting and support for tier 1 and tier 1 safety systems.
All work is to be performed with the safety of field staff, customer, and assets as a primary focus.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Thorough knowledge of, and extensive experience on Operational Technology systems
- Technical Lead experience on projects relating to OT systems
- Experience in managing multiple deliverables and deadlines
- Maturity in working within a team – ability to lead when required
- Strong understanding of the principles, development and the effective application of system support and maintenance practices
- Demonstrated ability to identify opportunities for change focused on safety, security, quality, continuous improvement and operation efficiency
- Experience in working within project teams to deliver project outcomes.
- Strong development experience in languages relevant to UNIX systems including: PERL, bash, PHP, C#, C++, MSSQL, Oracle SQL, MySQL SQL
- Solid understanding protocols at their different functional levels: HTTP, ajax, Rest, json, SOAP, XML, CSV
- Determination of requirements, and the development of application maintenance and support procedures, and operational utilities
- Extensive experience in the administration of operating systems (Windows and Linux/UNIX). Ability to leverage OS facilities for application support purposes
- Working knowledge of network architecture and design principles especially related to segregation of secure network elements such as DMZs, management, and control networks.
- Ability to work under pressure with changing and competing priorities
How to apply:
Please apply using the link below or call Rams on 03 8506 6524 for further details. Applications closes based on the volume of applications received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.
Connect with Adaps: