Compute Hosting Architect
Adaps has been scouted to source “Compute Hosting Architect” for one of the Four Big Banks in Melbourne.
This is Specialist Service Architect – Domain specialist
Team looks after these areas
- Application hosting – .net and Java (web based applications)
- DB services – RDBMS, on-premise cloud
- Compute services – multi cloud, storage, hosting services architecture
- Linux experience
- Develop strategy and road-map
- Solid virtualization exp
- Migration of applications to cloud
- Driving leadership
- Linux, creating patterns & guidelines, virtual machines, containerization, hosting capability, Infra as a code, cloud first mindset (Terraform and cloud formation nice to have)
- Good if they have any cloud certifications.
- Really good role to build foundation in Compute for Architects – – current state vs Target state
What you’ll be doing
If you’re always thinking about what’s possible, we want to hear from you. The Service Architect Compute Hosting provides group wide leadership and direction for the Services within the Hosting domains. You will be responsible for current state, target state architectures and standards, ensuring Target state is aligned with Architectural Principles and broader Technology Strategy and modernisation agenda.
What we need from you
- Proven strategy development skill essential
- Experience creating and maintaining Target State Architectures for Compute Services both on premise and in the cloud.
- Technical skill set covering at least 2 of the following
- Virtualization with VMware and OVM
- Deep knowledge of operating systems (RHEL and Windows)
- Specialist compute platforms, SPARC/Solaris and pSeries/AIX
- Deep knowledge of cloud compute services in AWS, Azure and GCP (IaaS, Container hosting, Serverless etc)
- Automation, Infra as Code
- Proven experience Hybrid/Multi-cloud architectures (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Proven experience in developing road-maps aligned to technology strategy and architectural principles.
- Experience working in a regulated environment.
- Validate design artifacts for completeness, and adherence to target state, identifying technical debt and remediation requirements.
- Experience defining standards, patterns, models and guidelines for storage services.
How to apply:
Please apply using the link below or call (Alex – 03 8506 6547) for further details and share your resumes in Word Format only. Applications closes based on the volume of applications received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.
Connect with Adaps:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AdapsIT
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/adaps
- Website: www.adaps.com.au