Cloud Engineer – Azure
- Permanent role with Tier 1 Bank in Melbourne
- Salary: $154k (Inc. Super) + 10% Bonus
- Azure is Must
Key Technical Skills:
Azure Automation, Azure Policy, Azure Functions, Azure CLI, PowerShell, Desired State Configuration (DSC), CI/CD Pipelines, Git code management, developing infrastructure-as-code (IAC), Hashicorp Configuration Language (HCL). In addition to a good understanding of Azure as a cloud platform, you have experience with Terraform deployment, Azure Log Analytics, Azure Backup, Azure Automation Update Management and Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager. You are also confident with all related technologies and services around Virtual Machines/containers such as automated image creation and deployment, load balancers, scale sets, security groups, virtual networks and building to High Availability resilient designs across availability zones, regions or clouds.
Skills and Experience:
- Background in supporting Azure cloud services with a healthy knowledge in Windows and/or Linux system administration
- Experience supporting Azure foundational services (Virtual Machines, SQL managed instance, NSG’s, ASG’s, LB etc.)
- Experience using cloud native tools (i.e. Azure Log Analytics, Azure Update Management, Azure Functions etc) to review metrics, manage and monitor system/service health and utilisation of our cloud services
- A keen interest in automation and an ability to utilise tooling to improve efficiencies and repeatable tasks but also improve the day-to-day reliability and performance of our cloud managed services
- Working as infrastructure-as-code development and deployment
- Specific experience with cloud related automation concepts and tooling such as Azure Automation, PowerShell Functions, TFE, Azure DevOps, Jenkins, Git, Artifactory, Jira)
- Understanding of good cloud change management practices with an awareness of compliance and security standards.
- Ability to manage and develop in-life security patching, manage backup and disaster recovery processes
- Experience in fine tuning virtualization, storage configuration, and replication for specific workloads
- Excellent engagement skills, managing and coordinating between partners, acknowledging Security, Network, Architecture and Service Management requirements.
- You will be expected to provide out of hours support (rotated through a team roster) for cloud services as part of our 24×7 coverage agreement.
- Advantageous is a level of technical depth and experience supporting other public cloud providers (Specifically GCP or AWS).
How to apply:
Please apply using the link below or call Alex on 0480 094 306 for further details. Applications closes based on the volume of applications received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.