Our client, a Government Organization is requesting an experienced Business/Test Analyst to join their team in Paramatta, Sydney.
The Business Analyst is responsible for analysis, requirements gathering, selection, development and delivery of integrated solutions for large and complex programs and Projects within client space. The position works with both internal and external delivery partners within client’s Strategic Technologies & Planning (ST&P). This position directly reports to the Project Manager.
- Drive the design, documentation and development of business requirements and functional specifications using context diagram and process models;
- Elicit and document user requirements using various techniques which include but not limited to interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis;
- Evaluate proposed system solutions in close liaison with system developers to ensure delivery of solutions is consistent with client’s expectations;
- Prepare system and user acceptance test plans and scripts and work with the Test Manager to ensure delivery of quality systems that meet client’s expectations;
- Review and analyse business processes, re-engineer as necessary to improve efficiency, effectiveness and/or usability using strategic analysis techniques and process models;
- Assist in the production of a robust business case that includes options analysed, impact assessments and funding recommendations where required;
- Manage and develop relationships with project team members and stakeholders to ensure successful projects outcomes and to maintain client satisfaction;
- Work as an effective team member in investigating and developing options and solutions while championing business needs;
- Adhere to all NSWPF policies and guidelines including information security;
- All other tasks as directed by the Project Manager and/or PMO related to supporting the Program/Project;
- Required to participate in security vetting procedures prior to engagement and/or at regular intervals (generally every 12 months) during contract period.
- High level experience as a business analyst in developing business requirements from abstract briefs and preparing functional specifications with complex or large information systems;
- Demonstrated experience in business process models and associated standard operating procedures using tools and techniques such as BPMN, Visio or System Architect;
- Experience in analysing business problems, conducting gap analysis and identifying root cause;
- Extensive experience in the development of instructional and procedural documentation and presentations;
- Demonstrated organisational, time management and prioritising skills;·
- Demonstrated superior communication (oral and written), interpersonal, and negotiation skills with a proven capacity to develop and maintain sound working relationships with end users, key stakeholders, suppliers and project team members;
- Proven ability to use industry standard software testing tools (e.g. MQC, Quick Test Professional (QTP)) and knowledge of testing methodologies;
- Highly developed skills in computer literacy, particularly in business productivity products – Microsoft Word, Project, Excel and PowerPoint etc.
How to apply:
Please apply using the link below or call kish on 03 8506 6521 for further details. Applications closes based on the volume of applications received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Please share your resume in Word format only.