- Bigdata Engineer
- Permanent Role
- Tier1 Bank
- Melbourne CBD
Adaps has been scouted to source Bigdata Engineer for the Tier1 bank at Mel CBD
What you’ll be doing
To thrive in this role, you are excited about data and motivated to learn new technologies. You are comfortable collaborating with engineers from other teams, product owners, business teams, and data analysts and data scientists.
You are eager to resolve upstream data issues at the source instead of applying workarounds. You analyse and test changes to our data architecture and processes, and determine the possible downstream effects and potential impacts to data consumers.
In addition to your strong technical capability you will be a proven team player, independent thinker and have a collaborative attitude towards your work and colleagues.
- Exposure to distributed big data stacks e.g. Spark, PySpark, Kafka, Hive, Flume, Hue & Sqoop.
- Ability to write any app language (C#, Java, etc..) and/or any scripting language (Python, groovy).
- An understanding and/or experience developing data analytics platforms like SAS, SPSS, Tableau, etc.
- Able to work with different data types e.g. streaming, real-time, file based, RDMS, unstructured data, etc.
- Experience working in cloud deployment and management (especially AWS).
- A strong understanding of CI/CD practices.
- An open mindset and proven ability to innovate and influence.
- A passion for learning (tells us about the self-learning courses and certifications you have done – Coursera, Udacity, AWS, etc.)
How to apply:
Please apply using the link below or call Ricky on 03 8506 6521 for further details. Applications closes based on the volume of applications received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.