Big Data Engineer -Talend (Remote)
- Contract for 6 months on a view to extend.
- Work remotely from anywhere in Australia.
- Great opportunity to be part of Data & Analytics Team
- Create, build and Great opportunity to be part of Data & Analytics Team
- Large Financial Client @ Sydney CBD
About the Role
We are looking for Data engineer with at least eight years of experience with development & maintenance of data pipelines with minimum of five years on Talend data integration platforms. You will be part of an existing team of data and analytics specialists solving data migration challenges for a financial services client in Sydney CBD.
- Work with business users and client technical teams in defining the requirements and technical specifications for data transfer, ingestion and transformation.
- Manage end to end delivery of data ingestion, manipulation, transformation, and orchestration!
- Automate and optimise data flows!
- Continuously develop new and improved data engineering best practice capabilities
- At least 8 years’ experience as a Data engineer / ETL developer
- Minimum 3 years of experience with Talend Big data studio.
- Experience with Big data platforms such as Hadoop, Spark, PySpark
- Data engineers, ETL developers with strong Talend experience (big data edition)
- Solid experience with Hadoop / Spark
- Good communicators with superior SQL skills
- Ability to clearly articulate requirements in both technical and business terms
- Must have superior SQL skills, strong knowledge of Apache Spark and AWS S3
- The ability to work within complex and challenging data environments.
- Solid understanding of dimensional data modelling and very strong relational database skills
- Proven experience in collaborating with analytics, reporting and data professional.
Good to haves
- Experience with Talend ETL framework development
- Previous experience migrating ETL jobs from Alteryx to Talend would be an added advantage.
- Experience with cloud-based data engineering, AWS, GCP and Azure
- Experience in engaging with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience with data modelling methodologies.
- Insurance, Banking and Wealth Management experience is an advantage.
- Data Vault 2.0 certification will be an advantage but not essential.
The client has a great culture and every month they have dedicated 1 day as Culture Day. Employees have fun, learn new activity, make new friends etc. This is to encourage the employees to pursue their passion and build a strong and positive culture.
How to Apply:
Please apply using the link below or call Nick on 03 9034 5210 for further details. Applications closes based on the volume of applications received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.