BI Intelligence Manager
- BI Intelligence Manager
- Large Insurance Company
- Perm role with Excellent Salary + Perks
- Sydney location
Our client needs to engage a highly capable Business Intelligence Manager to join their team in Sydney CBD. The role involves managing a team of BI professionals in executing BI strategy to deliver BI reporting solutions and provide on-going support of the Retail business. This role will require strong understanding of business drivers and how to leverage enterprise capabilities in translating business requirements into BI reporting solutions and provide insights and commentary where required.
What you will do :
- Manage the priorities, stakeholder expectations and deliverables of the Retail BI team in accordance with set roadmap, goals and objectives.
- Work closely with IT and other stakeholders on ensuring adequate governance and integration of data.
- Provide written commentary and insights on reporting where required.
- Engagement with end users to understand the business needs to ensure that a BI reporting solution can be developed to address the business requirements.
- Manage accountability for daily reporting SLAs ensuring that reports are delivered to stakeholders within agreed delivery time frames.
- When required, facilitate workshops to capture business requirements and presentations to showcase solutions.
- Manage the relationship with Internal IT Data team to ensure that data requirements are articulated appropriately and can be met by the Internal IT Data team.
- Provide thought leadership and articulation of solution design that can be easily understood by end users and provide the appropriate technical details for developers.
- Provide leadership on development of BI Reporting solutions in accordance with enterprise standards and best practice.
- Provide leadership in solution designs or ‘proof of concept’ (POC) using the appropriate BI tools.
- Document functional specifications, business requirements analysis, flowcharts and process maps and data mapping when needed.
Mandatory Skills :
- Tertiary education in Business Studies, Information Systems or Marketing/Commerce
- 8- 10 years BI experience with proven business, technical and leadership and mentorship skills.
- Good understanding of database architecture and associated reporting tools (Tableau and/or Power BI).
- Sound knowledge of SQL scripting and ETL.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent relationship development, management and influencing skills
- Mature reporting and analytical skills within a large data driven organisation (Life Insurance preferred).
- Ability to execute strategic initiatives.
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders at all levels.
- Demonstrable ability and attributes such as; assertiveness, resilience, and flexibility in times of change.
- Experience in process improvement and change management encompassing interdepartmental initiatives
If you have the above skills and wanted to make a strong career move, kindly apply to the below link with your updated resume in word format only .For any queries kindly call l Sanky / Lisa on 03 9956 1175 / 03 8506 6523.