Application Support Specialist
- Application Support Specialist
- Fixed term 12 months contract
- Large Government Department
Adaps has been scouted to source Application Support Specialist for a Large Governement Department in Geelong on a fixed-term full-time basis.
About the role
In this role, you will be responsible for providing a range of technical services supporting, maintaining, deploying and enhancing applications assigned to their service with a strong focus on maintaining service quality at or above agreed targets. This will incorporate management, monitoring and resolution of support issues, the identification of improvement opportunities and production of documentation to enable greater levels of self-help.
- Specify user/system interfaces and translate logical designs into physical designs taking account of target environment, performance requirements and existing systems.
- Produce detailed designs and documents all work using required standards, methods and tools, including prototyping tools where appropriate.
- Design, code, test, correct, and document moderately complex programs and program modifications from supplied specifications, using agreed standards and tools.
- Conduct reviews of supplied specifications, with others as appropriate.
- Identify and resolve issues with applications, following agreed procedures.
- Use application management software and tools to collect agreed performance statistics. Carries out agreed applications maintenance tasks.
- Ensure that incidents and requests are handled according to agreed procedures.
- Ensure that documentation of the supported components is available and in an appropriate form for those providing support.
What we need
- Significant experience in a similar role, supporting, developing, maintaining and improving Web and Mobile Application technologies and frameworks, including:
- Node.js (and common packages)
- CSS3, bootstrap or similar css framework
- Spring (various, e.g. IOC, MVC, SpringBoot)
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively to manage end-to-end support and resolution processes for assigned tasks through in-depth analysis, review and application of expert knowledge.
- Highly developed interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Experience in enterprise application systems analysis and development
- Demonstrated expertise in the technical aspects of software package configuration coupled with a functional knowledge of the applications; and/or expertise in software development and configuration for custom-built applications.
- Advanced professional written communication skills; proven ability to write quality business documentation, functional and non-functional artefacts, and technical documentation for a wide variety of audiences and purposes.
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills and an ability to think laterally to identify practical and workable solutions.
- Demonstrated organisational skills with the ability to prioritise tasks, work accurately with attention to detail, and meet deadlines.
- Prior experience in, or advanced knowledge of, support analysis or support testing with a sound understanding of industry trends and emerging technology.
- Experienced in ITIL Foundations, principles and application.
- Experience in application support and lifecycle management, deployment management, environment configuration and software development lifecycle methodologies, tools and systems, including but not limited to; ITIL, DevOps, Agile, Scrum, Continuous Delivery and/or Rapid Application Development.
- Experience in different technologies and products, including but not limited to; JEE, HTML, XML, SQL, and/or Domino, Case and Customer Relationship Management applications, Workflow tools, Business Intelligence tools, Deployment Management tools, Payment and Billing systems, and/or Mainframe Applications.
How to Apply:
Please apply using the link below or call Sanky on 03 8506 6525 for further details. Applications closes based on the volume of applications received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.
Connect with Adaps: