- Application Architect
- Parramatta, NSW
- 10 Months contract with a possible extension
- Large Government Department
- Opportunity to get Baseline Clearance sponsored by Client
The Application Architect Enterprise Solutions is accountable for creation of Architecture artefacts for the Application domain; this includes reference architecture, standards, policies and patterns.
The role will develop relevant strategies for the Application domain, and drive the implementation of this strategy, working alongside the relevant directors and key stakeholders. The role is part of the Enterprise Architecture function and reports to the Chief Enterprise Architect. The role provides thought leadership for the Application domain and coordinates the governance of delivery of enterprise grade solutions for the Application domain with relevant stakeholders.
- Encourage and drive a culture of excellence, co-operation and collaboration across all stakeholders by providing a high level of advice and leadership in relation to Application platforms;
- Partners with business and IT representatives including other enterprise architects, solution architects, project managers, delivery directors and business stakeholders to deliver relevant aspects of Application Architecture;
- Provide business Strategy and future operational / capital plans around capability uplifts for Application domain and ensure suitable governance to ensure these strategies and plans are implemented;
- Develop and maintain strategies, standards, capability models for Application architecture for operational policing and corporate functions;
- Establish the scope for IPAS, from an Application architecture perspective;
- Establish a roadmap for capability uplifts in the Application domain;
- Produce well defined, well documented, viable, and cost-effective Application architecture aligned to stakeholder requirements and enterprise architecture within the agreed deliverable timelines.
- Provide advice and guidance to reviews and decisions at the Design Authority (DA);
- Lead analysis of Application requirements and peer review relevant solution architecture deliverables;
- Establish use cases for IPAS and other strategic programs;
- Coordinate SME participation for future capability stream during evaluation of IPAS vendors;
- Participate in interactive dialogue sessions with IPAS vendors;
- All other tasks as directed by the Chief Enterprise Architect related to delivering / supporting Client strategy;
- Agree to participate in security vetting procedures prior to engagement and/or at regular intervals (generally every 12 months) during contract period.
- Proven extensive experience as Application Architect delivering enterprise solutions across a number of large organizations (>1,000 users) across a range of operating models;
- Experience in leading Application Architecture within the organization and at a cluster level;
- Proven experience and understanding of NSW Government Enterprise Architecture;
- Experience in developing strategies for Application architecture;
- Demonstrated experience in Application Architecture for critical business systems in a large ICT environment;
- Demonstrated capacity to use standard modelling approaches, tools and model repositories for Application architecture;
- Demonstrated experience in leading interactive dialogue sessions as part of evaluation of strategic platforms;
- Demonstrated experience in developing data models and data specifications;
- Demonstrated experience in applying industry solutions to business problems; and astuteness in identifying and implementing continuous process improvements;
- Highly developed communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills with an ability to develop and maintain professional and respected working relationships other team members, clients, management and vendors;
- Ability to take accountability and to make sound architectural and strategic decisions;
- Effective ability to deal with ambiguity, unexpected events, and changing business requirements; ability to juggle multiple activities, projects, and initiatives simultaneously;
- Experience in dealing with senior executive
How to apply:
Please apply using the link below or call Rams on 03 8506 6524 for further details. Applications closes based on the volume of applications received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.