Adaps has been scouted to source Application Architect for a Large Federal Department in Parramatta, Sydney.
What you will do :
The role will develop relevant strategies for the Application domain, and drive the implementation of this strategy, working alongside the relevant directors and key stakeholders.
- Encourage and drive a culture of excellence, co-operation and collaboration across all stakeholders by providing a high level of advice and leadership in relation to Application platforms;
- Partners with business and IT representatives including other enterprise architects, solution architects, project managers, delivery directors and business stakeholders to deliver relevant aspects of Application Architecture;
- Provide business Strategy and future operational / capital plans around capability uplifts for Application domain and ensure suitable governance to ensure these strategies and plans are implemented;
- Develop and maintain strategies, standards, capability models for Application architecture for operational policing and corporate functions;
- Establish the scope for IPAS, from an Application architecture perspective;
- Establish a roadmap for capability uplifts in the Application domain;
- Produce well defined, well documented, viable, and cost-effective Application architecture aligned to stakeholder requirements and enterprise architecture within the agreed deliverable timelines.
- Provide advice and guidance to reviews and decisions at the Design Authority (DA);
- Lead analysis of Application requirements and peer review relevant solution architecture deliverables;
- Establish use cases for IPAS and other strategic programs;
- Coordinate SME participation for future capability stream during evaluation of IPAS vendors;
- Participate in interactive dialogue sessions with IPAS vendors;
- All other tasks as directed by the Chief Enterprise Architect related to delivering / supporting Client strategy;
- Agree to participate in security vetting procedures prior to engagement and/or at regular intervals (generally every 12 months) during contract period.
- Proven extensive experience as Application Architect delivering enterprise solutions across a number of large organizations (>1,000 users) across a range of operating models;
- Experience in leading Application Architecture within the organization and at a cluster level;
- Proven experience and understanding of NSW Government Enterprise Architecture;
- Experience in developing strategies for Application architecture;
- Demonstrated experience in Application Architecture for critical business systems in a large ICT environment;
- Demonstrated capacity to use standard modelling approaches, tools and model repositories for Application architecture;
- Demonstrated experience in leading interactive dialogue sessions as part of evaluation of strategic platforms;
- Demonstrated experience in developing data models and data specifications;
- Demonstrated experience in applying industry solutions to business problems; and astuteness in identifying and implementing continuous process improvements;
- Highly developed communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills with an ability to develop and maintain professional and respected working relationships other team members, clients, management and vendors;
- Ability to take accountability and to make sound architectural and strategic decisions;
- Effective ability to deal with ambiguity, unexpected events, and changing business requirements; ability to juggle multiple activities, projects, and initiatives simultaneously;
- Experience in dealing with senior executive
NOTE: Australia Citizens need to Apply
How to apply:
Please apply using the link below or call (Lisa on 03 9956 1175) for further details. Applications closes based on the volume of applications received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.