Contingent Workforce Category: I
Position Title: Technical Specialist
Vacancy Ref: C201702-344-TARP3
- Responsible for refresh of physical and virtual servers and associated operating systems;
- Responsible for migration of applications from legacy servers and operating systems e.g. Windows Server 2003 to strategic platforms (virtualised and consolidated);
- Work closely with Technology support teams and applications teams to coordinate migrations while ensuring minimal disruption to business;
- Documentation and presentation of technical solutions and change requests;
- Assist with disaster recovery tests and production cutover;
- Drive the implementation of technical solutions as it relates to the refresh of Servers, Storage or Operating Systems;
- Report to Project Manager and manage communications with technology operations, policing systems and external vendor specialists;
- Adhere to all NSWPF policies and guidelines including information security;
- All other tasks as directed by the Project Manager and/or PMO related to delivering / supporting the Program/Project;
- Agree to participate in security vetting procedures prior to engagement and/or at regular intervals (generally every 12 months) during contract period.
- Demonstrated experience in Server technologies e.g. Blades/Chassis, Virtualisation, Operating Systems specifically Windows Operating Systems and Linux;
- Demonstrated experience in migrating applications from legacy platforms to new platforms – hardware and operating systems;
- Demonstrated experience to be able to coordinate amongst several operational and applications teams to implement a solution;
- Demonstrated technical knowledge of Microsoft physical and virtual standard operating environments sufficient to support upgrades across a diverse range of applications and business users;
- Demonstrated high level of drive, determination and organization skills in overcoming project obstacles to meet targets;
- Knowledge of Cloud technologies specifically in relation of Virtualisation and databases;
- Knowledge of IT-as-a-Service model including Platform-as-a-Service within large organisations;
- Knowledge of Storage (SAN, NAS and backup) Technologies;
- Knowledge of Networking technologies – LAN and WAN;
- Knowledge of data centre installations e.g. racking, cabling, etc.
How to apply:
Please apply using the link below or call on 03 8506 6546 for further details. Applications closes based on the volume of applications received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.
Connect with Adaps:
Job Ref: 12547