Senior Java Developer
- Senior Java/ J2EE Developer
- Initial 6 month contract with possible extensions
- Docklands Location
- Large Consulting Organisation!
- Start ASAP!!
The team has a vast range of experience in various technologies (Java, J2EE, Struts, Spring, Hibernate, Ajax, WebSphere, Oracle). They analyse, design, build, maintain and support custom web-based applications with complex on-line and batch functionality.
The positions primary focus is to develop / enhance / support all Java applications. This will include the following:
- Working with our business partners to identify / analyse / document requirements;
- Designing, coding, review, testing and implementing complex application changes;
- Source code management;
- Preparation of relevant documentation;
- Managing and planning own work;
- Developing / coaching of other team members;
- Management of production incident / problem records;
- Problem analysis / resolution (including impact analysis);
- Develop / use tools to analyse performance / impacts on service;
- Test case development / documentation using HP Quality Centre.
The following are mandatory skills required to perform effectively in this role:
- Java/ J2EE Development experience
- Spring configuration
- Struts framework
- Ant (for basic builds)
- Oracle DB
- Websphere server configuration
- Analysis of business requirements
- Designing, coding, testing and implementing complex application changes
- Management of production problem records
- Managing and planning own work
- Preparation of relevant documentation
- Coaching / Mentoring skills (Highly Desirable!)
Additional Skills and Experience are preferable to perform this role:
- Tertiary Degree in IT or related field
- Solid analysis of business requirements
- Exceptional communication skills
If you are interested in this role, please apply using the link.
Please contact Deepthi Rangaraju with ref no#11874 on 03 8506 6587 for any queries.