Senior DevOps Specialist / Tech Lead
- Melbourne CBD Location
- Fantastic Permanent opportunity
- Previous DevOps experience a must
My Client, a reputable Software solution provider in Melbourne CBD is seeking a Senior DevOps Specialist due to continued growth in their existing DevOps team.
The focus is to enable delivery teams across the organisation looking to adopt Continuous Delivery (CD) and DevOps practices and processes, with the aim of increasing productivity and quality of their delivery activities through robust automated build and deployments through the SDLC pipeline.
You will be expected to lead and implement Continuous Delivery within delivery teams across the organisation, utilizing your DevOps mindset. A solid technical background in the areas of Build Engineering, Automated Deployments, Infrastructure, Environment Management and Configuration, and Release Management on the Microsoft stack are key to implementation of world-class Continuous Delivery and Environment solutions.
- Drive associated cultural change by gaining an understanding of people’s concerns about Continuous Delivery and DevOps helping them understand the vision and what it means to them
- Drive, support and measure the adoption of Continuous Delivery and DevOps Maturity across the organisation
- Research industry best practices to develop policies, standards, guidelines, governance and related guidance
- Experience across software development lifecycle: development, testing, configuration management, deployment, etc.
- Experience working with all teams in an organization: Development, Testing, Operations, Security, Architecture, Infrastructure, Business, Management etc.
- Agile Software Development and Management methods and ability to excel within an “Agile” environment (i.e. user stories, iterative development, continuous integration, continuous delivery, shared ownership, test-driven development, etc.)
- Experienced programming .Net, C#, Shell, Powershell, Perl, Python etc.
- Continuous Integration practices and tools. Tools such as Jenkins/Hudson etc.
- Ideally someone who has experience using Cloud infrastructures such as Amazon Web Services
- Build Management tools and practices. Tools such as Jenkins/Hudson
- Use of build languages such as Ant, Maven, NAnt, MsBuild, Gant, Gradle, rake etc.
- Use of version-control systems such as primarily Git and GitHub, other include Subversion etc.
- SQL (DDL and DML) scripting. Experience in different database platforms. Use of automated database upgrade tools is helpful. Tools such as Liquibase, RedGate, dbdeploy etc.
- Release Management and Configuration Management practices such as parallel development (tagging, branching, etc.), managing versions and third party libraries
- Dependency management. Example tools include Maven, Apache Ivy, etc.
If you deem yourself suitable, kindly submit your CV in word format with a cover letter addressing your relevant experience by clicking the apply button now.
** Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted **