Senior Applications Support Analyst
- 6 month contract – Sydney CBD
- FX or Trading Room experience required!
- Must have strong understanding of multiple OS environments
We are looking for an Senior Applications Support Analyst to act as the single point of contact for all FX technology related incidents and requests in a busy financial services environment. You will collaborate with business partners, third party vendors, and technology groups to facilitate the support process and work toward issue resolution.
This is a 6 month role that will include:
- Root cause analysis, suggesting timely resolutions to prevent future occurrences
- Track and close support tickets whilst staying on top of updates for business users and management
- Monitor events and alerts
- Provide support for software releases and roll-outs in the production environment
- Escalate requests/ incidents as appropriate
In order to be considered for this role, you will need to have previous experience within FX or Trading Room environments, as well as a strong understanding of multiple OS environments (Unix, Linux, Windows, Solaris), and Database environments (Oracle, Sybase, Postgres, SQL Server). The ideal candidate will have a background in development, as well as previous Financial Services experience. Additionally, you will have exceptional knowledge of shell scripting, network, JAVA and middleware technologies.
You must have experience within the FX electronic space including knowledge on how single dealer platforms work, liquidity aggregation and execution, and client connectivity.
If you possess these skills, have excellent English communication skills and ideally experience with messaging standards, protocols and deployment tools like Jenkins or Chef apply now as this role will fill very quickly!
To apply, send your CV and Cover Letter in word format.
For more information, call Damian on 02 9253 4300 for a confidential discussion.