Senior Analyst Programmer (FX)
- SENIOR ANALYST PROGRAMMER (FX)
- 6 months contract on a view to extend
- Large Financial Organisation
- Excellent Pay rate upto $ 800 -$850 per day
- Melborune CBD
- Work life balance
The FX architecture comprises a mix of vendor (off-the-shelf) and in-house systems, with an increasing focus on internal build using Java and the latest open source technologies to meet the evolving needs of our business. The infrastructure footprint covers multiple data centres in the UK, US, and Australia, including NAB’s hosting in AWS.
About the team
The FX technology team operates across Melbourne, Sydney and London and has end-to-end ownership of the software development process. We apply Agile SDLC practices, with frequent incremental deliveries to production, and achieve a high degree of automated test coverage. The team comprises business analysts, developers and testers all working together to deliver each sprint.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Designing, coding, testing and deploying applications programs across multiple platforms
- Working with business and technology stakeholders to understand requirements.
- Ensuring that systems are developed within agreed budgets and time frames and achieving necessary design and systems security standards.
- Providing technical mentoring and guidance to less experienced members of the development team.
- Occasionally providing third-level support and root cause analysis of recurring problems
- Work as a self-starter, in a team environment
- Ability to identify continuous improvement opportunities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- 3+ years of software development experience
- Highly proficient at core Java programming
- Component with Linux operating systems
- Tertiary qualification in Software Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent
- Continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD)
- Experience with several open source Java frameworks
- Automated component or system testing experience
- Java UI development experience (JavaFX or Swing)
- Understanding of high availability design
- Understanding of ‘event sourcing’ applications
- Low-latency and/or reliable messaging systems
- NoSQL database and/or in-memory cache technologies
- Amazon hosting (AWS)
- Financial markets domain knowledge (foreign exchange in particular)
How to apply:
Please apply using the link below or call Kish – 03 8506 6521 for further details. Applications closes based on the volume of applications received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Please share your resume in Word format only.