Large Financial Organization
East Melbourne VIC
6 months contract
Work Life Balance and opportunity to enhance your skills
With exp in java/j2ee, eBOBS (business online banking application) is coded in java/j2ee, sits on Websphere application server on unix platform, xml, basic skills required in (perl, c++,sql) other nice to have are vb, siebel (these 2 might require if they have to work on other systems after 12 months time);
This role is responsible for providing technology based development services for applications software within the CRM & Lending Team to meet Business needs.
A list of the key responsibilities of the role, detailing what the role is accountable for
What is this role specifically accountable or responsible for:
- Work with Business Analysts to analyze business processes, procedures and user requirements to establish system requirements.
- Participate in system design including production of system and program documentation as well as ongoing maintenance
- Develop solutions and specifications so that agreed requirements can be converted into functional systems
- Develop, program and code technology applications software solutions to meet agreed specifications. Improve, enhance and correct systems as necessary
- Achieve key Systems Development Life Cycle stages in terms of quantity, timing and quality of all aspects of work allocated
- Ensure all work is carried out in accordance with required coding standards, methods and procedures
- Problem management: Reduce the impact of technology incidents by identifying the underlying root cause and ensuring remedial action is taken by NAB and other support teams – such as IBM, Telstra or Oracle.
- Change: Review of changes impacting our applications working closely with the Delivery teams to ensure changes are implemented in an efficient and effective manner – while keeping our services ‘Always on’.
- Preparing and maintaining systems and program documentation.
- Have completed and passed ITIL Certification.
- Developed skills in one or more of the major programming languages such as Java/J2EE, C++, Visual Basic, PERL, .NET, XML, Web Sphere, Eclipse, SQL.
- Developed skills and knowledge of one of the major relational database packages such as Oracle, SQL Server, Sybase or DB2.
- Communicate with influence by engaging and inspiring others.
- Build strong relationships and extensive networks.
- Demonstrate focus on continuous improvement and innovation.
- Have a strong understanding of the link between Technology and our Customers.
- Manage risk by having a strong understanding of the impacts of change.
- Have an agile approach to analysis and problem solving.
- Proactively manage risk; meet all policy and compliance requirements; perform controls; adhere to Process and Procedures pertinent to role; and escalate events, issues or breaches as they are identified (risk accountability forms part of all roles, as everyone is responsible for managing risk and compliance).
How to apply:
Please apply using the link below or call (Neil – 03 8506 6522) for further details. Applications closes based on the volume of applications received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Please share your resume in Word format only.
Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.
Connect with Adaps: