IT Systems Specialist – Database
Are you a Database System Specialist and looking for a long term contract, we will help you get one with one of our Large Energy Client at Bathurst.
What we are looking for:
The Database Systems Specialist is responsible for providing support and development (where required) expertise for Client’s Database platforms. This role will ensure that key technologies within Client operate in a reliable and efficient manner. The role also provides, on demand, support and development work for projects.
What you will do:
- Actively participate in Operational Support activities of all environments including on-call (Production only), incident management, problem management, change management, configuration management, monitoring, implementation
- Identify areas of impact by assessing release notes and other documentation for patches as required
- Raise and work through support calls with vendors of the supported systems
- Implementation of patches and bug fixes to ensure system stability and performance
- Design, Develop, Test and Promote solutions for new or changed requirements as received in line with team prioritisation, scheduling and development life cycle controls and processes
- Use of appropriate Defect and Request Management frameworks and tools to accurately record and manage defects.
- Develop, test and execute implementation plans for releases through all supported environments
- Understand and develop security controls implemented within the supported systems ensuring that Client is not exposed to unnecessary risk
- Extensive experience in a similar role in an ICT environment
- Practical experience in designing, deploying and operating complex ICT systems determined by area (Integration, Reporting, Database Systems)
- Practical experience in the use of enterprise helpdesk software
- Practical experience with enterprise Incident, Request, Configuration and Change management software
- Practical experience in providing customer and operational support services in a large enterprise
- Practical experience in driving business improvement and increases in efficiencies
- Working knowledge of software relevant to the ICT systems determined by area (Integration, Reporting, Database Systems)
- Ability to think and act in an innovative and strategic manner within contemporary ICT frameworks
- Ability to accept responsibilities and accountabilities and be focused on delivering outcomes to meet the wider team objectives
- Excellent written and verbal skills in order to prepare documentation and socialise the outcomes with relevant areas of the business including senior management
- Excellent stakeholder and relationship management skills including the ability to liaise effectively with a broad range of people from diverse backgrounds
- Strong organisational skills in order to manage and implement large, complex and varying workloads and initiatives delivering continuous business improvement.
- Advanced Diploma of Computer Systems Technology or demonstrated capability through past employment experience and/or relevant qualifications.
- Desirably an ITIL Certification and Project Management Certification.
How to apply:
Please apply using the link below or call Illa on 03 85 066 527 for further details. Applications closes based on the volume of applications received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.
Connect with Adaps: