- GIS SME to be the central point of reference for spatially related information
- 6 month contract with extensions
- Early July start!
This position is the functional lead and technical point of reference for spatial data management and associated services. The role operates at both a business and technical level, and is responsible for ensuring our clients’ Digital Operations Strategy is underpinned by the discoverability and accessibility of its spatial and spatially related information assets. The scope of the role includes global operations and the full development lifecycle from resource exploration and discovery through to decommissioning and closure.
- Provide a central functional and technical point of reference for spatial and spatially related information and geospatial information systems (GIS) within the organisation.
- Ensure appropriate technical & operational standards, processes, operating disciplines and related governance for the acquisition and management of spatial and spatially related data are maintained and followed throughout the organisation.
- Identify and/or validate business requirements: work with product vendors and technical teams to translate current and future business needs into effective GIS designs and solutions.
- Ensure smooth operation and management of GIS solutions within IT and operational environments.
- Identify and action opportunities to further exploit and continuously improve existing GIS platforms, related technologies, data and support services/frameworks.
- Support the development of our clients’ spatial data management and GIS capabilities over time, so that in 5 years it is recognised as a world class operator in the acquisition, manipulation and exploitation of spatial and spatially related data within its industry.
- With IT Strategy & Architecture, maintain Group-wide strategy for spatial data management.
- Ensure existing services are utilised to their full potential to maximise the value of the spatial information assets and GIS investments.
- Promote education and awareness of the spatial data management strategy, related systems, standards and approach to spatial data management.
- Provide operational support to business units that do not have dedicated GIS resource(s).
- Configure and/or create web applications and map services within the GIS Portal that create value for the
- Co-ordinate the administration of the Group geodatabase ensuring it is of high quality.
- 10+ years’ experience in IT, with at least 4 years’ in geospatial systems.
- Deep knowledge of various GIS and other spatial data management technologies and their integration within a complex environment
- Experience in supporting and developing individuals working in remote locations and virtual teams.
- A blend of business acumen and functional and technical specifications within spatial data management.
- Experience building relationships with senior managers, vendor representatives, business function experts and technical specialists.
- Experience of large-to-medium sized systems integration projects.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, collaboration and facilitation skills.
- Excellent communication skills, with ability to explain complex technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
Please apply using the link below, calling Cass Drum on 03 8506 6578 quoting reference #12281 with any questions. Based on the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted initially. Candidates may also be subject to a police and reference check.