Position Title: Database Administrator
Duration:12 months Contract
Vacancy Ref: C201705-373-BWVP2
Adaps has been engaged to source a good experienced Database Administrator for one of the Federal Agency @ Parramatta.
- Design high availability systems and solutions to meet business specifications and opportunities, using appropriate technical resources
- Providing expert advice and solutions involving databases, using applicable open source and commercial software,
- Implement Disaster Avoidance and Disaster Recovery strategies to facilitate changing Business operations, ensuring all databases and servers are backed up and tested to guarantee that Client can meet the DR recovery time objectives.
- Perform various administrative and technical tasks, including but not limited to: Server configuration and performance monitoring, deploying database change scripts, and undertaking high volume data migration and data load using SQL*Loader.
- Produce high quality technical documentation of business as usual (BAU) and project solutions database architectures and technical designs.
- Provide systems integration solutions in a multi OS environment, including integration with firewall technologies, open systems, database and web systems.
- Work in multiple project teams and be able to liaise with internal clients, external suppliers delivering solutions and advice consistent with the enterprise architectural framework on Client,
- All other tasks as directed by the Project Manager and/or PMO related to delivering / supporting the Program/Project
- Adhere to all Client policies and guidelines including information security.
- Agree to participate in security vetting procedures prior to engagement and/or at regular intervals (generally every 12 months) during contract period.
- At least five years extensive experience with the creation, maintenance and administration of different databases such as Oracle,infomix and SQL databases and system administration support and administration experience in a complex technical environment within a large organization including experience with Server builds and integration, and systems design
- Demonstrated 2+ years in an administration capacity, providing solutions on multiple enterprise IT projects using MS SQL, Informix, MySQL, PostGres, or Oracle, SAN storage, high availability techniques and new technology.
- Proven knowledge of implementing Disaster Recovery procedures/requirements for IT systems.
- Expert knowledge and experience with Windows, Linux, Solaris, and MS Microsoft enterprise products, such as MOM, AD, and web and proxy server technologies
- Solid database integration with Microsoft Windows environments and applications.
- Proven experience with monitoring and discovery tools, as well as desktop and server SOE, and SAN storage technology.
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills; ability to work with diverse types of individuals and be able to work in multiple projects and priorities;
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities with great attention to detail
Note: Australian citizens preferred for their role
How to apply:
Please apply using the link below or call on 03 90 128 149 for further details. Applications closes based on the volume of applications received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.
Connect with Adaps: